three.

There was no point in hesitating. But it seemed like Takahashi's brain and her body weren't listening to each other. Even though Takahashi wasn't scared of the girls, her body remembered the things they did to her. The sharp painful kicks and hands yanking at her hair and sharp slaps. She wasn't scared but her hands still shook as she stood in the doorway staring at the group of girls.

Akita caught her standing in the doorway and gave her a sickeningly sweet smile.

Takahashi grimaced at the smile and turned to leave the classroom, she didn't feel like dealing with this so early in the morning. Even if it meant that she would be in trouble for skipping homeroom, Takahashi would rather be anywhere else.

Just as she turned she bumped into someone and took a quick step back. Looking up at him, Tsukishima looked down at Takahashi before looking over her head at Akita and the other girls. He sighed and looked back down at Takahashi. Yamaguchi glanced back and forth between the two and decided to hurry to his seat.

"So, you've resorted to running away now?" He asked.

Takahashi flinched at his words, "Well, what do you want me to do?"

Tsukishima scoffed before shaking his head, "Do whatever you want, it doesn't concern me," he made a move to walk around Takahashi. For a moment it seemed like she would let him but at the last moment, she stepped to the side and stopped him.

With her eyes glued to the floor and her hands clenched, she spoke through gritted teeth, "It's not that I don't want to fight back." she said, "but I can't get into trouble, that's why I don't. No one else is doing anything either, so they also don't want any trouble." she finally looked up at Tsukishima, "What's the point?"

Tsukishima frowned and scoffed again, looking down the hall to see if the teacher was coming before he turned to look back down at Takahashi, "The point is that no one likes to see you get bullied. Not including those five girls back there, you're well-liked and it's out of the norm to see a popular student get bullied."

"So you're doing all of this because I'm popular?" Takahashi asked with something of indifference in her voice.

"I'm not doing anything," Tsukishima said.

"You're doing a lot more than anyone else is," Takahashi said before turning and heading to her seat. Tsukishima followed her in and took his seat behind her. Yamaguchi looked between the two before deciding not to mention anything. As the first period went by, Yamaguchi quickly noticed that Tsukishima wasn't paying attention to what the teacher was saying.

"Daichi says that we don't have practice today," Yamaguchi said in between classes, "He's letting us take the day off since we just had the practice match against Aoba Johsai."

Tsukishima nodded as if he were listening but he wasn't. He was glaring holes into the back of Takahashi's head as if willing his thoughts into her mind to try and convince her to tell a teacher about the bullies.

Yamaguchi seemed to notice and leaned back in his seat a little, "I'm thinking about staying after practice to train with Hinata and Kageyama," he said, trying to see if his friend was actually listening to him.

"That sounds nice," Tsukishima said, disregarding what Yamaguchi said.

"I'm also planning on pranking Tanaka, do you think he'll be mad if I fill his locker with shaving cream?" Yamaguchi asked staring at Tsukishima.

"No, I would go with the strawberry, it's better than melon," Tsukishima said.

Yamaguchi sighed and shook his head at his friend, "Tsukki, that answer doesn't even make sense, and I'm not planning on pranking Tanaka, that's like having a death wish."