christmas disaster

collab with my favourite person cloudyrileyy 🥰 before you read this, go and check out part one on her account (has the same title as this)!! and sorry to everyone who has already read part one and has been waiting for this part, I've had a few different issues that are out of my control! once again, GO READ PART ONE BEFORE READING THIS ONESHOT!

PART TWO

riley's pov

PIPER?!" I heard Amy scream, pushing her way to the front of the crowd. The rest of us stood there, speechless. I knew that those pink shoes were very clearly Piper's, I could tell by the way she tied her ribbons ever so neatly.

I felt a sick feeling churning in the depths of my stomach. I turned my around on the spot to face James, who to my surprise, appeared quite calm.

"James, what is going on?!" I exclaimed, "where is Piper?!"

"Oh, uhh maybe she went to get some air?" James replied, "she was feeling a little upset..."

I looked at him. Was he actually being serious right now. I knew for a fact that we'd all heard that terrified scream and now Piper was gone, only her torn pointe shoes left behind.

"WHAT THE HELL JAMES? YOUR OWN SISTER IS GONE, YOU DEFINITELY HEARD HER SCREAM AND NOW YOU DONT EVEN CARE? LOOK I KNOW YOU'RE CHILL AND THE 'DONT EVEN WORRY ABOUT IT GUY' OR WHATEVER, BUT ARE YOU SERIOUS!" I screeched, tears welling in my eyes. The room around me fell silent. I don't think anyone here, well probably apart from James, had ever heard me yell before, not even when I was studio head. But he was confusing me so much. He had seemed quite distant over the past week or so and especially today, but in quite a weird way that I couldn't quite put my finger on.

"Riles, come on, I'm sure it's just a misunderstanding. Piper must have been trying to dance to get rid of her anger and broke her shoe, so she fell and screamed," James explained, a little too confidently.

"Then why on earth isn't she sitting in here James?" I asked, growing tired of his excuses, "can I talk to you for a second?"

"Sure," he mumbled as I grabbed his arm and pulled him into the office in studio one.

james's pov

"James, what are you doing!" Riley exclaimed, looking up into my eyes" your own sister is gone and you don't even care! This isn't like you at all, why are you being like this?" I noticed that the tears welling in her eyes were becoming more obvious and my heart sank a little.

I breathed in deeply. Maybe this was a bad idea. Riley could clearly tell something was up.

"Shhhh baby, it's okay," I whispered, grabbing her waist and using my thumb to brush the tears from her eyes. I knew I'd have to go all in, she was a fairly intelligent girl and can read me like a book.

"Baby, I just didn't want to scare anyone, especially you," I told her carefully, "Ri, I am terrified. I know what Piper can be like. She's just like me, stubborn as hell when she wants to be. I have no idea what's going on, but I don't want to stress anyone out okay? So I think we should go out there and just start looking for her okay?

Riley looked up into my eyes for a moment, studying my features carefully. I lowered my head properly to face hers, pulling her close to me for a quick hug. She nuzzled her face into my chest before pulling her face away.