Chapter 30

George POV

"Really? Three weeks is up already? What the hell?"

Dream and I stand at the gate with Sapnap in front of us. He looks down at the floor and let's out a quick sigh.

"I'm gonna miss you guys.. thanks for letting me stay with you. I had the time of my life."

A light sniffle comes from the brown haired boy. Dream swiftly noticed our friend and wraps him tightly in his arms. Sapnap laughs and wraps his arms around Dream.

I'm standing slightly behind watching the two. Sapnap looks up and grabs my wrist. Next thing I know, Sapnap and Dream are wrapped around me.

After a good minute and a few stares, we all let go and laugh.

"I really need to go.. I'll miss you guys! I'll be back soon!"

"Can't wait.."

I say with a scoff. He playfully punched me in the arm. We said our final good byes and he walked off to security.

It was about a 20 minute drive home. It was unbearably quiet without Sapnap. As we pulled into the drive way, Dream stepped out the car and into the house without a word.

After an hour of not seeing Dream, I decide to check up on him. The bedroom door has been closed since we got home.

I lightly knock on the door. No response. I rest my hand on the door knob and slowly push the door open.

"Dreammm? Are you alright?"

No response. I step into the room, lightly clicking the door behind me. He's curled under the blanket with his hood over his head.

I sit down on my side of the bed next to him. I hear a slow shifting. I look over and he's sitting up with his back slouched. A light sniffle comes from the blondes nose as he rubs it.

"Oh Dream.."

I put my hand on the crying boys back and draw small circles down his spine. He lightly laughs and lets out a short sigh.

"Sorry.."

He brings his sleeve up to his face and wipes his watery eyes.

"Don't be sorry Dream.. I'm gonna miss him too. It'll be okay. We'll get him back here soon."

"Promise..?"

Dream, I can't promise. I can't promise you'll always be happy. I can't promise I'll always be happy. I can't promise I can protect you for the rest of your life. I can't promise anything Dream.. but I'll try my damn hardest.

"I promise Dream."

I cup his jaw line with my left hand and pull him in with my right. His salty lips are soft against mine. He lets out a breathe and sinks into the kiss. His face is warm as he leans against me.

I pull away slowly and look into his eyes. He opens his and stares back. I could get lost in bis golden eyes for years. I brush my thumb over the scar on his jaw.

I'll try my best Dream.