Chapter 17

Dream POV

We're inside now. My side hurts from hitting the arm rest but I don't mind. We're sitting on the couch in silence. George is close to me but we're not touching. I'm still shocked by the way I acted. A part of me wants to apologize once more but I know what George is gonna say.

After about five minutes of silence, I hear George sit up to break the tension and speak.

"Listen Clay, I know you feel the need to apologize but you don't have to! You had every right to react the way you did. Who gives a shit about how I felt. You were sticking up for us and I appreciate that."

I lift my head in confusion. George never really swears. He used to all the time and shockingly, he's the reason I swear. He never swears anymore. Sometimes it slips out but he always pushes it to the side.

He's red in the face and frustrated. His nose is slightly scrunched as he looks at me. I can tell he's trying to look aggressive but it doesn't work. I can't help but laugh.

"Wh- what's so funny?" He crosses his arms just like my mom did when she was upset.

I can't help but wheeze when I look at him again. This goes on for about fifteen seconds.

"Clay! What the hell is so funny?"

He knows what he's doing. He has a slight grin on his face when he says that. I'm able to squeeze something out before falling into hysterical laughter again.

"Your so cute when you try to look intimidating."

I'm in tears at this point. It's really not as funny as I'm making it. Another ten seconds pass and I'm finally calmed down. I wipe the tears away with my sleeve, still smiling at the thought of him.

I give one last chuckle. As I open my eyes that are pointed to the floor, I see George's black socks. I look up to see his red face as he holds his hand out. I grab it and he aggressively pulls me into a hug.

It came out of no where but I don't mind it. I'm in shock by how strong his tug was. It almost felt like he picked me up all the way.

He steps back with a bright red blush across his cheeks.

"You should really go to bed. I think your going crazy. You say here laughing for two minutes straight when I was trying to be nice!"

Now that he brings up, I feel exhausted. My arms feel weak and I have a head ache. I nod my head. He follows behind me as I trail to my room. Our room? I don't know anymore. He steps out for a second as I lift the blanket.

George's POV

I step out for no longer than thirty seconds to get Dream some water. He told me he has a headache. I can only imagine it's from crying all day. I open the door slowly to see the tall boy snuggled under the blankets like a baby.

I can't help but snicker at him as I put the water on his bed side table. I get on my knees to be leveled with the blonde american. He looks at me with puppy like eyes.

He's such a nerd.

I ruffle his hair and drag my hand down the side of his face softly. I feel his cheeks widen as he smiles. I'm about to pull away but he quickly reaches up to hold my hand down.

I smile at his childish actions. I stroke his cheek with my thumb. It's so soft. From a far, Dreams face seems like it would be rough and greasy. I quickly realize how clean his face is.

I plant a small kiss on his forehead. His face goes warm against my lips. I plan to watch some tv before bed. I'm not fully tired but I know Dream is. I stand up lightly brushing my hand away from Dreams face.

As I turn around to walk out to the living room, I feel a tight grip on my pant leg. I turn back to see Dream holding on like a baby.

"Where are you going, Gogy?"

He says it in a whiny tone. He looks like he's gonna cry any second with his big puppy dog eyes.

"I'm not really tired right now.. but I knew you were. I just came to tuck you in because your a big baby Dreamy."

Dream POV

I like the name he uses. Dreamy. It makes me feel like he's calling me dreamy. How could he not?

"Your right about that. I am quite dreamy! A perfect blonde with freckles and green eyes. I'm quite the dream boat if you ask me and I'm sure you can agree!"

I'm never this narcissistic around him and I can tell it caught him off guard.

"Yeah sure, but I only called you that because you used that stupid nickname of mine!"

"So you admit it?"

His face goes bright red.

"Maybe I do."

He pats my head lightly and turns around. His hand is on the side of the door as he pulls it open.

"Georgie.."

He turns around with his nose scrunched. I know he hates that name even more so I decide to tease him with it.

He walks back over to my side after turning off the lights in my room.

"What is it now Dreamy?"

——————————

I'm sorry for the kinda bad ending lmao. I tried my hardest but could not find any words to end it with. This chapter was already long so I had to split it. I know I said there would be some fluff this chapter and I hate to disappoint, but it will be there next chapter I promise!! Thanks for 1k reads guys!! Love you 💞