IV: TRANQUIL LOVE²

( SICKICK ! )
FUSHIGURO MEGUMI.
' YOU LOOK NICE WITH MY COAT ON. '
©𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐤𝐮𝐞
FLUFF
PRONOUNS he/him

          ITS BEEN WEEKS SINCE the prince was "missing"

ITS BEEN WEEKS SINCE the prince was "missing". rumors' and hopeless wishes were drowning the nation as the kingdom was buried with regret, well for the two other princes that is. both the queen and king could care less of their youngest prince, deeming it as simply a nuisance as they continued their duty to protect their nation. the two older princes could say otherwise, distress filled them as negative thoughts rage their mind. they were beyond worried for their younger brother but they knew he could take care of himself, he was their strongest prince after all.

     the missing prince was feeling better, he was currently enjoying his stay in the little hobbit hole he was living in. new furniture was established inside as he continued to live with his personal knight. his only thoughts were to survive without his royal heritage. he was determined to blend in with the common folks, going far as to cut off his shoulder-length hair, breaking the tradition of royalties having long hair. he felt free but he didn't feel satisfied.

     "your highness, i found a horse!" his personal knight, megumi, informed. the prince smiled a little, opening his arms towards his friend as he spoke "help me up, let's go tame the horse!" megumi nods, taking the prince's hands as he pulls him out of the river. the ravenette could feel himself blush a little as he glances down at the prince. he only wore his undergarments, his chest glistens under the sun as water drips down on him. "put some clothes on," the knight scolds as he hurriedly walks away. ( name ) frowns. "i literally just got out of the river, dumbass..." he whispers under his breathe grabbing his clothes from the big rock by the river.

     taming the horse was easy for the prince as he was literally taught everything back in his kingdom. the two were currently taking a walk within the deeper depths of the woods, the prince on the horse while the other was trekking beside with a sword on his side. "megumi." the man hummed in response, turning his gaze towards the other. "ride with me." the other was taken aback as he coughs awkwardly. "pardon me?" the prince rolls his eyes. "do i have to repeat myself?" tauntingly, the prince glances ever so slightly towards the troubled knight. "i– uh. forgive me, my prince but pluto could not handle us both." the prince frowns. "i was told i am as light as a lady— pluto can barely feel my weight, surely your weight would not affect him."

     "but my prince—" megumi starts "( name )." the prince cuts him off, a playful glare on his face as pluto continues to trek forwards with the prince on his back. "( name ), pluto will be too tired to carry you back if i were to join." with a final sigh and new ambition, the prince quickly hops off pluto. the surprise wasn't enough to express the knight's expression as ( name ) suddenly interlocks his hand with his. warmth was welcomed into megumi's cold hand as he stares at his best friend, a cheeky smile taunting him.

     "if you won't join me then i'll join you." his smile widens, swinging their interlocked hands as he treks forwards. "c'mon! let's take a walk!" megumi snaps out of his shocked stance, fumbling with pluto's leashes before going forwards with the tug of their interlocked hands. rosy cheeks and a silent scoff, he couldn't help but smile at his prince's childishness.

     "oh! there's a village near! let's go!" the prince tugs violently on megumi's arm, their interlocked hands tightening as megumi only sighs from exhaustion. "my prince, we can't. you'll get recognized." the prince turns to the other to pout, his eyebrows stitched together. "i can hide! it's fine!" megumi looks down before making eye contact again. "w-well... we will go... only if you wear this." megumi takes his hooded cape off, wrapping it around the other as his rosy cheeks brighten slightly. cute... so cute. his eyes falter from the sight of the adorable prince under his cape. what was it that made the prince so alluring to him? he could only wonder.

     "good! let's go!"

     entering the small village with the intention of hiding was almost near to impossible as there were so few people. they stood out the most as they walked calmly through, the light breeze on their side as pluto the horse walked alongside the two. their dark clothes were an eyesore in contrast to the usual light clothes the citizens of the village would wear, earning them a few stares that had made megumi more cautious.

     "young man! over here!" a store owner has bestowed, a warm smile on her face as she presents her products. megumi hesitantly walks over towards her little store, leaving the young prince to his curious whereabouts. "is he a lover? if so, may i suggest to you a matching pair of necklaces?" the old woman beams as she presents a set of jewelry. the crystal looked ethereal, its pink tint was the prettiest color megumi's eyes have bestowed upon. its sharp edges and cracks were lined with pearly whites. megumi brings the jewelry closer.

     it's a set of rose quartz jewelry. he glances quickly towards the curious prince. "how much?" his blunt question gave the old woman a beaming smile, "it's six gold, don't worry i'll give a discount" she winks with a knowing look as her hands seals the necklace with delicacy. "there's an event tonight at the fountain, i suggest you go watch it with your lover. it's a nice date." she hands the decorative box to him, the faint jingle of the necklace tells him that the necklace is indeed inside.

     he nods, a stoic expression on his face yet once the old lady had taken a glance at his adoring eyes. she knew. "goodluck! hope it goes well!" she cheers on, lightly patting his back as she watched the boy trek back towards his companion.

     "gumi, do you have 8 emerald coins? i wanna buy more of these" the prince pointed to the golden apples, it shined brightly under the sun, almost blinding the poor boy. "yeah, here" he scoffs, handing him a pouch of money. "thank you!" the prince grinned, making the ravenette blush. cute...

     after they bought the golden apples, megumi decided to drag them towards the central fountain. people gathered like flocks of birds, chorus of music and dancing mixed through the crowd as some sat idly and other joined. the two boys were one of the many that stood idly, hands almost closer and eyes locked forwards. it was a certain theme of song that made on of them break. with a scoff and a new found confidence, megumi steps forward the prince, a shy hand infront as he awaits his companion's response.

     "are you— megumi are you asking me for a dance?" ( name ) was bemused, the boy he knew for all his life was cold and stoic was actually having human emotion and offering him a dance with a shy blush. "you know what forg—" before the noir-haired man could compose himself, the prince abruptly takes his hand into his own, grinning ear to ear. "i would love to!" he beams, dragging the man quickly to the center where women and men danced freely to the bestowed instrumental music.

     "i didn't expect this from you." the prince mumbles, his hand locked with the taller as his other arm rested on megumi's shoulder. megumi took all the courage he could get and securely wrapped his arm around the prince's waist and the other to hold his hand securely. "what did you eat to make you... do this?" ( name ) teased, leaning his head forwads to rest on megumi's chest. "nothing." megumi's blunt response didn't amuse the royalty, a pout on his lips as he looks up to his partner.

     "you're such a meanie head"

AUTHOR'S NOTE
been awhile since ive written sum oneshots im sorry :<< school's really hard now that im about to go to college haaaaa

btw this prince and knight au is kinda like set in a minecraft irl but manhwa monarchy type of vibe so hehe there might be minecraft mobs mentioned in the future!

ily guys take care!

( 1382 words, unedited. )