Ch 3 Detention?!

New student's POV

"Who has heard of the War of 1812?"

The same woman who was supposed to help me find my class questioned as she wrote on the chalkboard.

I raised my hand.

"Um..."

"Yes, you with the bushy eyebrows."

Bushy?

I ran a finger against my brows.

Eh, I'll take it as a compliment.

"I thought you were going to help me find my classroom? Unless-"

Nah, this was totally not my 1st period. First of all, according to my schedule, my 1st period is a science class. This clearly isn't a science class.

2nd of all, my teacher's some man named Mr. Young- this lady for sure wasn't Mr. Young.

Well... Better safe than sorry.

"You're not Mr. Young are you?" I asked the elderly woman.

She gasped loudly.

"Do I look like a man to you?" She boomed, her voice was powerful enough to have me wince at the sound of it.

"No, you're-"

"Mrs. Byrne!"

A kid bursted inside of the room.

"Ever heard of knocking?" The woman I now knew was named Mrs. Byrne asked the boy.

"Sorry, I'm looking for a new student. I was thinking that maybe she got lost here-"

She.

Was he talking about me?

"Well you thought wrong." Mrs. Bryne huffs.

"Wait." I spoke up.

"I'm supposed to be in Mr. Young's right now. But this crazy lady dragged me to her history class even though she was supposed to help me find his class!" I glared at her, she just looked at me confused.

"Really? Are you seeking for detention, missy?" She actually thought I was lying, I'm guessing she forgot about taking me to my first period.

"Mrs. Byrne," The same boy with messy brown hair and a blue flannel began.

"She's right, she's supposed to be in class with me-"

"Oh, you're in Mr. Young's class too? Can you take me to our class?" I ask the boy.

The boy chuckled.

"Actually, the teacher-"

I noticed that the lady had fallen asleep, I took this chance to grab the kid's arm and run out of the classroom with him.

That teacher's is so old. I couldn't help but laugh at the observation.

What's our teacher's like? I bet our science teacher is pretty old too- despite his name being Mr. Young.

I laughed at how ironic that would be as we walk through the hallway.

The boy opens the door, letting me walk in first before closing the door behind us.

I looked around the classroom.

"Where's the teacher?" I wondered in my head.

There's not a single adult in sight.

"Nice, the teacher isn't even here yet." I smiled.

"My brother says this class is boring anyway."

I felt a tap on my shoulder.