0702 - 10

I pushed with all my might. If this were a normal day, my bones would have cracked. I can feel my arms line up with deformities and them flaking off. I was clearly a monster and they are trying to kill me!

The sky finally shows up after a forceful exit. I was almost crushed dead but I'm strong, I will not be eliminated by their makeshift attack. The whole place is in chaos. I was prepared for another attack from the Princess and her tools, but they were nowhere to be found. In fact, no one was around, the whole place was deserted.

Loud banging noises pounded in my ear. I bolted up and found myself in a dark alley. Why was I here? The battle, what happened? I had recollections of myself running out in rage coming in indiscernible flashes, did I just pass out after that? I have no idea and my arms....no my body....it's completely back to normal. No jagged rocks jutting out, I felt an open wound to my side, I was....well normal. I don't understand.

A faint conversation came to my attention. Instinctively, I hide behind a wooden crate right in front of me.

"Yuuri..."

"It's all on me, Ken. It's fine to hate me."

Just my luck!

I looked at myself, blood was still dripping from my wound, I'm in no position to fight. Slowly I crept out and watched them make a turn to a distant curve. I followed them with stealth.

I held out for a couple more days.

She was standing by the gate of this school she went to earlier with the other mage. She was waiting for him. I looked at my hand, nothing. The magnus was not acting up. I hated using it but for me to kill the Princess, I needed that power.

"Come out, I can sense you!" she announced. Nobody was around so I'm pretty sure she was calling out to me, "To what order do you belong?" she continued as I was approaching.

"Princess," I uttered.

"You're not a Royal Guard but your aura reeks of Royal Affinity."

"You're pretty skilled." I have no idea what she was talking about, but I need to intimidate her.

"You've killed a Member of the Royal Order, didn't you, who are you?"

"Let's just say,..." I move closer bringing my hand up to her shoulder, "...I'm someone you should really be scared of."

"What's going on here?" the other mage has arrived. I looked at him, he looks weak for a Gifted mage, maybe he's new to this, but I'm pretty sure that if it was combat on level grounds, without magic, I'll definitely win. My real concern was the Princess, she could snap my head off instantly if she wanted to.

I closed in behind him and drove my elbow against the back of his head, effectively bringing him to the ground.

"Two birds with one stone." I looked at the Princess, she was now in a defensive position, I need to look confident that I could actually kill them, there's no turning back now.

"Who the hell are you?" he launched up on wobbly legs and I simply evaded that with ease. He has no real combat reflexes. I landed another punch to his gut, he's just worthless.

"Your weak and useless."

"Get lost!" she snapped, and I barely even had time to make sense of what happened. I was on the ground and sharp pain radiated from my wound. I pushed myself up and made a run for it. She will kill me.