*** EPILOGUE ***

His grip loosened as soon as he was pulled up to the skies like a rag doll.  I got up and ran my hand around my neck, "That left a mark."

The little kid turned to me and immediately, his smile died down. He found himself on his butt, his mouth hanging open.

"So, where were we?"

The other mage awkwardly crawled her way to that little kid.

"Get back!" she tried to warn me.

"Oh, so you're bonding with him now?"

"You're ominous."

"Oh, am I? You don't even need augury to know that I'm not the evil one here."

Just then someone fell hard on the ground. The little kid twitched and looked in that direction. I being quick, kneeled and let the ground creep over me, this is getting a bit easier for me. I grabbed the nearest fallen light post and swung it hard on whoever's fallen. I didn't even care. It's an achievement if I kill one of them, whoever it was.

"Ken!" that little kid immediately stood up and waved his arms around as that annoying guy carried the Princess to the ground.

So, there they are, in a crowd, these four mages. So this means...

A sudden force restrained my arms around my back and heavy hands enclosed my neck to a choke.

"Fools!" she let out a rage. Propping me up by the neck, she found her comfortable stance, standing unwavering in front of her target. She let go of my neck and somehow managed to retract her scythe. She was stern and quite strong to be able to hold me in place with just one hand.

"I'm surprised you're a mage, boy. You were a worthless Ignus when I caught you years ago. Your people put up a weak resistance. Not even worth the time I spent as a Royal guard."

Does she know me?

I tried to wriggle off but to no avail.

"Oh, I wouldn't try anything funny if you want this mage to live." she was warning those guys, like what? They don't even care about me!

"Let him go." that Ken guy was the first to break their silence.

"Shut up." what is he trying to do?

"What is this? Do you intend to fight us with this dysfunctional army, Princess?"

"I believe in all of us."

"Yes, try to convince yourself" she knew the Princess was acting coy.

"We're the prophecy! We'll succeed!"

"Oh give it a rest, Princess! What do you have? A useless kid that did nothing but drag everyone down; An oracle with no real fighting abilities; A psychokinetic so physically and mentally weak he can't even fight properly; And you, the princess, who thinks she's so important that you neglect everyone around you. Did you even realize that your soldiers are in no way capable of being in combat? You'll all be dead before the battle even starts! Ha! Tell me, is this your plan? You're hopeless!"

The princess was hit with a wave of realization. Her lips twitched, searching for things to say, but there was nothing. All she got was a consoling look from Ken.

"Oh and most interesting of all, a transmuter, who can't even properly do the only thing he's capable of. Changing your body with what your holding won't exactly give you a battle advantage, I can exploit all your weaknesses, what are you? You're an easy target. Know what, let me start with you. Let me hear that wail of yours when I slit this very same scythe I used to kill your Father."