Chapter 1| Sudden friendships.

Bill Denbrough is my best friend. He has been since we were 4. We met when my parents decide to move to this town, Derry. We moved in a couple of houses down from his. It was Bill's fourth birthday and his parents were nice enough to invite me to his party. 

It was such short notice, that my parents rushed to the store.  They grabbed a few small toys and paid. That's the thing about my parents, they're so rich they don't even glance at the price. They just threw the toys in a bag and called it a night. The next day they dragged me over in a hideous purple dress and dropped me off. 

I walked in with his mom and she guided me outside. She showed me where the other kids were, but I wasn't really interested. I apparently decided that I was too good to talk to them so, I set the present down and sat in a chair right next to the parents. Little Bill saw this and waddled over. 

He climbed up and sat next to me, staring straight forward. I turned my head as he turned his. he smiled and waved, then proceeded to stutter out "h-h-h-hi!" I looked at him and waved. He was so happy that when I waved back he almost fell off the chair. 

The little boy and I babbled on, not always making sense until his parents announced it was time for presents. The two of us waddled over and he sat in a chair. His mom grabbed a neatly wrapped box and handed it to him. He grasped it with his tiny hands and began tearing away the wrapping paper. This continued for around twenty minutes. Some of the gifts included some building blocks, crayons, a rocket, a ball, and of course a few other things.

After opening presents was cake. I sat at the table next to Bill. We sang happy birthday ( well mostly the parents did) and we counted to three and he blew out the candles. After he blew the candles out I apparently decided to shove his face into the cake. Four-year-old Bill didn't mind, he just grabbed a handful of cake and hit me with it.

We continued to hit each other with cake until the other kids started to steal it.  The parents were laughing and trying to stop the messy kids. That's how I remember it at least. Mrs.Denbrough tells us the story almost every day.

Bill and I have been best friends for eight years and it's always been a tradition to shove each other's faces into the cake. Well now we're twelve, and Bill is sick. I walked over to his house to find him sitting at his desk waxing a paper boat. The boat has S.S.Georgie so I assume it belongs to him. 

Bill seemed to notice my presence and turned around to smile. I smiled back when all of a sudden I feel two tiny arms wrap around my abdomen. "Y/N!" The little boy calls. I instantly hugged back.

"Hey, how's my favorite peanut?" The boy giggled at the nickname. Georgie was one of the sweetest kids I'd ever met.He then realizes that Bill was finished waxing the boat and had been watching the two of you. He quickly grabs the boat saying Thank you over and over again. he begins to run out of the room when I stop him. 

"Hey, where do you think you're going? I just got here." The boy looks at me sadly.

"Bill said I could play with my boat outside, I promise I'll be back soon." I ruffle his hair and hug him.

" All right, just be careful. Don't be gone too long I'd miss you too much." I say and release him from the hug.

" Thank you, Thank you Y/N!" he waves at Bill and runs downstairs.

 I walk over to Bill and ruffle his hair too. He chuckles and gets up. He walks over to the window, as I follow. The two of us look out to see Georgie waving at us. I wave as Bill grabs the walkie talkie.

"Be careful," he says. He hands the walkie talkie to me.

"Stay safe peanut, I miss you already," you say into the walkie talkie, staring at the small boy now chasing after the boat.

I turn around to see Bill now lying in bed. I walk over and lay beside him. He turns his head and stares at me. He stares for a minute until I turn my head to look at him. We lay there and stare at each other. It was silent but, it was a comfortable silence. After some time the two of us get to talking. 

The two of us laughed, not knowing what was happening a few houses down at the sewer drain. After a while, Bill fell asleep so, I got up and went downstairs. I didn't blame him, we had been talking for over an hour and he was sick. I sat down with his mom, and we talked for a while. As we were chatting, someone knocked on the door.

 She got up and went to answer it. She talked to whoever it was for a minute, then let them in. All of a sudden the chief police walked inside. I immediately knew something was wrong. The policeman walked into the kitchen, where Mrs.Denbrough and I were just chatting.

They talked for a moment until I heard the worst words in the world, "I'm sorry to say this, but we believe your son is dead."

My heart shattered into a million pieces. I knew it wasn't Bill, I was just with him. That meant one thing. He was talking about Georgie. At that moment Bill seemed to walk in at the worst possible time. 

He stood on the stairs in complete shock. The policeman seemed to notice, so he took his parents to another room. I stood up and walked towards the stairs. I wasn't even at the stairs when Bill ran into my arms. I wrapped my arms around him as he began to sob.

We fell to the floor and he sat there crying in my arms. I held him close and let him cry.

___________________________________________________________

A/N: Hey, hope you like it. please leave some fear suggestions, sorry If you don't like it, but thanks for reading