Chapter 4| Friendly Faces

Things weren't the same after georgie. Bill was always busy figuring out ways to look for georgie or hanging out with his new friends.

I've usually been alone these past months, so im glad i introduced myself to Beverly. We usually hang around my house because her father gives me the creeps.

He has this vibe and I think Bev notices it too. Bev says he's usually against her having friends, but he doesn't seem to mind me.

Today we were outside my house hanging out in the shade. Bev was braiding my hair as we listened to new kids, "Your hair is so soft. How do you do your hair?

"Oh, I just found this new shampoo and conditioner that works great on my hair. I also wash out my conditioner with cold water."

She ran her fingers through her red locks and pondered for a moment. "I like my hair, but i'm so sick of taking care of it. I wanna chop it all off sometimes."

"Really? I think you'd rock the short hair."

"My dad would never let me though." she looks a little sad. I could never bring myself to ask her directly, but I always suspected her father was the best parent. It might even be worse than that.

"Well I say screw it. It's your body, and your decision to make." She replies with a simple giggle.

Our friendship mostly consisted of conversations like this. Whether it be long talks about random topics or hyping each other up.

We grew a strong bond over the last weeks of school and beginning of summer. I like to think we trust each other quite a bit. I might even call Bev my best friend. It was a frantic call from Bev that confirmed my feelings.

She was practically pancking over her period. It never occured to me she hadn't gotten hers yet. I calmed her down and said I'd meet her at the convenience store.

I rush down there, only to be left waiting for Bev. I stand outside the doors fiddling with my bracelets as i wait.

The sun burns into my eyes as I avoid its gaze. I look away only to see the fiery hair of my friend. She does this awkward shimmy towards me and we enter the store.

We look through the aisles for the ladies section. I talk her through the brands and kinds to find the right ones. She makes her choice and we begin towards the next aisle. We start towards one aisle before immediately turning to another. We both were perfectly fine avoiding Greta.

All of the sudden Bev backs into me and hides the pads behind her back. I look around her to be met with a pair of eyes I know well. There stood Bill and his other friends.

I give him an awkward smile before averting my stare. Why him of all people?