Chapter 3| A home is no place to hide

Georgie's death traumatized Bill and his family. He was never the same. He grew distant and would often hide in his room. In fact, that's were he spent most of the year.

Bowers seemed to leave him be. Maybe he wasn't a total asshole. This year sucked a lot. Bill started hanging out with Richie, Eddie, and Stanley.

Richie is an annoying kid with the tendency to make bad jokes. He was often disrespectful and couldn't read a room.  

Eddie is a sweet kid, though he is a HUGE germaphobe. I never really got to know him, because of his controlling mother.

Last is Stanley, a sweet shy kid. His father is the pastor of a church or something.  Again I never got to know him well, because he was a year younger.

Bill seemed to sort of forget about me. We never talk anymore. He's finally getting out more and he seems happier. It's just without me.I still help with searching, Bill says Georgie is still out there.

I would love to believe him. I would do anything for Georgie to come home. All I want is to see his sweet smile.

The bell rings, marking the start of summer break. I pack my bags and head towards the restroom. If I wait out in there I can avoid Bowers. Plus I might get some quiet before I have to head home to the screams and arguing.

I turn into the bathroom,  just in time to see Bill run off with his friends. At least he's happy.

I enter to see some girls pouring trash into a stall. They see me and quickly run off giggling. One making sure to hit me on the way out.

I'm about to knock on the stall, when it swings open. A beautiful girl stands in front of me.

" What now," she says seeming annoyed.

" I was just gonna check on you. I saw what those jerks did."

She gives me a quick smile, " Well thank you. No one ever checks on me. They usually laugh and call me a slut."

" No problem. Can I walk you home?" I say smiling back.

" I'd love that. I'm Beverly, but you can call me Bev."

She was very sweet, I don't understand why people treat her so badly. We had a lot in common. We both liked New Kids on the Block and plays.

We're on our way out, when I bump into something. Well, more like someone. It was the new kid, Ben I think.