Day 1) College

A/N: Hey Chilumi fans! ...Oh boy I'm nervous since this is technically the first chilumi fanfic I've published and I'm not confident whatsoever but I'm also really excited to finally write for these two since I've been wanting to do so for a long time! I plan on writing two fanfics for these two after Chilumi week is over so be on the lookout for that aha. Anyways there is something I wanted to say.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to each prompt since I'm a bit busy this week but it's my goal to do as much as I can and well...to have as much fun too(:

Now I'm just going to say this for all prompts. Lumine and Childe are the same age for all of them regardless of AU. I just wanted to get that out of the way now before I give context for the day 1 prompt.

Now I would've normally picked the high school au but because I'm already planning a chilumi high school (sports) au story, I went with the college theme instead because most of the high school themed stories I thought of was what I wanted to put in the high school AU and I admittedly had a bit of writer's block when writing this chapter which is why it's so short and it might not be that good but I still tried. Lumine stays at a college dorm along with other characters. This college prompt also focuses more on the competitive part of Chilumi but in a...different activity. I'm going to leave it there to avoid any more spoilers and I think I've said enough anyway lol. I apologise if I got anyone ooc in this prompt or in any other prompt. Or if any prompt is cringeworthy, I'm sorry, I swear it wasn't intentional!

Anywho I really hope you enjoy this prompt! (:

(PS - Paimon's grammar in text is bad on purpose because it's texting)

-----

Lumine was exhausted as she lay down on her bed in her room for the past hour...

The hellish experience of handing in those assessments...was finally put to an end for the semester..

She heard a buzz from her phone and she opened her eyes.

She picked up her phone while wiping her eyes and checked the notification she received.

It was from Paimon!

Paimon: Hey Lumine! We are all in the lounge playing mario kart 8 on the switch

Then another buzz

Paimon: It's me zhongli and childe and we only need one more person

Paimon: Paimon wants to know if you're down to join us!

Lumine yawned as she reread Paimon's texts.

She thought about it for a second but she didn't see why not.

She hadn't been able to play Mario Kart 8 Deluxe or even video games in general because of the assessments.

It had also been a while since she competed with Childe in video games and she couldn't help but find herself missing the good ol rivalry they would have.

So she typed in her answer and pressed send.

Lumine: I'm down to join you guys

Lumine: I'll head there now

Paimon: Yippee! :D

Lumine put her phone in her pocket and got off her bed. She left the room and headed downstairs to the lounge.

She walked down the stairs and the closer she was getting, the more she was able to hear that there was the menu screen music from Mario kart playing.

When Lumine finally made it down to the lounge floor, she saw Paimon, Zhongli and Childe sitting on the couch holding their controllers.

They were all pretty exhausted from working on their assessments for the past week and when they all returned to the college dorm so it was somewhat nice to see them all more relaxed and way less pressured now.

Childe spotted Lumine and grinned. "Pleasure seeing you right now Comrade! I hope you're well rested because I hope you know I will beat you in this race."

Lumine gave him a snarky grin back as she sat next to Paimon on the couch. "Bring it on Childe."

"Here you go Lumine, now choose the character." Paimon gave Lumine the controller.

Lumine looked at the tv screen to see that Paimon chose Yoshi, Zhongli chose Ludwig and Childe chose Dry Bones.

She could also see that Zhongli looked like he was struggling on trying to hold the controller but she decided not to dwell on that fact.

She then proceeded to choose Koopa and they all chose their karts and bikes.

Now they were at the screen of choosing which course to drive on.

"Can I choose first?" Childe said with a certain look in his eyes.

Lumine looked in his eyes and immediately knew what course he was going to choose since he lost to her on that course last time.

Rainbow Road

"You're on then Childe." Lumine seemed to be competitive with him right now.

Paimon threw out a big sigh. "Rainbow road first up? What is wrong with you two?"

"Childe just wants to have an easier chance of losing that's why." Lumine commented.

Childe laughed. "Haha oh comrade, there is a never dull moment with you that is."

Zhongli looked pale mainly because he sucked at rainbow road but he didn't necessarily have any issue in granting their wishes. "It appears that there doesn't seem to be any objections, so we should go ahead and do Rainbow road first."

When Paimon shrugged it off and chose the course, she saw the competitive look in both Lumine and Childe's eyes.

This certainly was going to a chaotic night thanks to the two of them...She feels silly for not seeing that coming.

-----