Day 2) Roleswap

A/N: Ok this one is a bit odd but please bear with me for it.

For this roleswap prompt, Lumine will be the eleventh harbinger of the Fatui while Childe is a knight of favonius. Their personalities are still the same (excluding a few details) and Paimon is still with Lumine. Lumine and Childe still fight in the golden house every week despite the role reversal.

Now this one will be filled with spoilers for Childe's story and it also switches some of the canonical lines from the story and Childe's story quest (solely because of the roleswap) so please keep that in mind. It takes place after Childe's storyquest (though the story quest isn't the exact same as the game because as previously mentioned, the roles are switched so it wouldn't really make sense if the story quest stays the exact same) so spoilers for that. Also Childe might be a bit ooc and Lumine is slightly cold to him simply because they are on opposite sides. I'm sorry about these unusual choices made and please tell me if something doesn't make any sense. Anyways let's get on with it :)

-----

"Paimon is so hungry for fisherman's toast..."

Paimon complained and complained very loudly as her stomach started to grumble more after each second.

She wanted dinner since it was the early evening but since Lumine needed to take care of a mission given involving debt that hadn't been repaid once again.

"Maybe the treasure hoarders have some food...oh but hmm..." Paimon thought out loud in front of her travelling companion Lumine.

However Paimon hadn't realised yet that Lumine was silent and had been since the morning.

She had been walking rather slowly too.

Paimon continued rambling to herself as she floated ahead, without even noticing that Lumine was far behind.

"Hmm Maybe we could lie to the treasure hoarders and say that part of their debt is them giving us food! I'm sure she won't mind. What do you think, Lumine?"

Paimon turned around to listen to what her friend's input would be but...

She realised when she did turn around that Lumine was really far away and walking slowly.

"Hey Lumine!" Paimon called out.

Lumine didn't even look up at Paimon.

She seemed lost in thought about something...

Paimon went back to where Lumine was to get her attention.

"Lumine!" Paimon called out loudly at Lumine's face.

Lumine flinched and jumped back slightly from being startled. "Ahh Paimon! What the heck?"

"Geez! What is the matter with you?! You've been acting strange." Paimon put her hands on her hips as she floated in front of Lumine.

Lumine wiped her eyes and processed what Paimon just said to her face.

"Oh..Oh! Paimon! Sorry... I was...lost in thought."

"This is kind of unlike you! Is something bothering you? You can tell Paimon, you know! Are you feeling too sick to do this mission?"

Lumine quickly shook her head when she heard that last sentence. "No nothing like that."

"Then why are you acting so weird?" Paimon asked.

"I'm just...kind of tired." Lumine sighed sadly.

"Are you sure that's all it is?" Paimon groaned.

"Yeah...sorry." Lumine apologetically smiled at Paimon.

"So that was all? Geez...you worried Paimon!"