Day 6) Childhood Friends/Fishing

A/N: This is an AU on if Lumine got to Tevyat at a much younger age and woke up in Snezhnaya. Childe and Lumine are both around the same age at this point. That's all I'm going to say. This contains spoilers for Childe's story because his character is completely different in this chapter since he is younger than fourteen which was when he went to the Abyss. Childe was apparently very frightened and hesitant and I'm curious to write that side of him.

This one is also very cheesy, so sorry about that.

-----

Early in the morning, Ajax woke up, put on his warm clothes, grabbed his fishing rod and snuck out of the house.

When he left the house, he walked out in the cold snow to go to his favourite fishing area.

This was a normal thing for him since he loved fishing and he strived to be better than his father and older siblings at it one day.

When he arrived, he felt happy.

For some reason, this area made him feel like he could do anything most of the time.

He walked towards the river and he put the bair on the line and threw it in the water.

He focused as he watched the fishing rod in his hands and hoped for something heavy at the end of the line.

He waited and waited until he could feel a big fish.

"...I miss my brother...where did he go?"

Ajax flinched when he heard a tiny noise but he couldn't make out what it was.

It frightened him...He hadn't heard something faint like that before...

He looked around with his head slowly for a moment.

"What was that?" He said to himself.

He hoped that it was his imagination...and not actually something.

Like a rare monster with tiny sounds or possibly something along those lines.

The thought gave the young boy chills down his spine so he tried to shrug it off.

He focused on the fishing rod and river.

He then heard something smash into the snow and quickly turned around.

It kept making noises as whatever just smashed into the snow was trying to stand up or something.

Ajax started to shake in his boots.

He was hesitant...it might be a monster.

He wasn't like his siblings...he wasn't brave.

He wished he could be brave right now but he just couldn't be for some reason...

He couldn't move...he was frozen..

He didn't know why he couldn't move...his legs just refused to move because he was so scared.

When he heard the "monster" stand up and take a few steps, he closed his eyes and tried to prepare to run.

"...Oh! I found someone!" He heard a timid young voice.

And it doesn't sound like a monster or a wolf or anything.

He slightly opened his eyes to see that it was a shape of a human in front of him.

He could partly see a yellow colour.

When he fully opened his eyes again, he saw that it was definitely not a monster but a human.

A girl who looked like she was around his age actually.

But she was wearing a sleeveless dress and no winter clothes at all.

She had her arms crossed too.

Ajax was still scared though. He had never seen her before.

He thought he knew all of the kids in Snezhnaya so he was confused.

"Maybe she is a baddie like the baddies that dad talked about in his adventures!" Ajax thought to himself and stepped backwards.

"S-s-so cold...C-could you help me?" The girl said as she shivered in the cold.

Ajax looked back at her.

She didn't seem harmless but he wasn't sure.

Then he realised that she had tears in her eyes.

"Why are you crying?" Ajax asked naively.

"M-my brother...I don't know where he is. I-I'm scared. I'm alone and cold." The child sobbed.

"You're cold because you don't have your winter clothes on!" Ajax pointed out.

Ajax saw that she looked like she was going freeze to death soon... She was not kidding about how cold she was.

In fact how had she been out for this long? Ajax ate a hot snack before even going here.

"I...I want my brother back!" The girl cried.

Ajax panicked as she cried more, he didn't know what to do.

He was scared and was desperate to stop her crying.

But then again he knew that he would most likely be way worse than her if he was in her situation.

"I want my brother!" The girl cried louder.

Ajax was confused, he didn't know what to do so he did the first thing that came to mind.

He did a weird funny face.

He did as many funny faces as he could to cheer up the girl.

She stopped crying for a minute and looked completely surprised.

"Huh..."

THe child processed the faces and she finally snickered a little bit.

Ajax was relieved that she wasn't crying anymore.

He handed her his scarf since she was cold since that was all he could be able to give her.

The girl blinked at the scarf for a moment but eventually she took it from Ajax's hands and put it over her neck.

"I'm Ajax! Who are you?"

She kicked the snow a bit. "I'm..Lumine."

"Lumen?"

"No. Lumine."

"Ohhh. Well Lumine I'm happy to meet you! Are you from here?"

Lumine went quiet and shook her head. "I don't know where I am. Me and my brother got separated and I don't know where he is."

Lumine shivered in the cold. The scarf wasn't enough to keep her from freezing.

Ajax shut his mouth and went quiet for a moment.

An idea came to his mind but he wasn't entirely sure if he wanted to go through with it because it will reveal that he snuck out and he'll get in trouble for it.

But there was no other option that he could do so he went with it. "How about we see my parents? You'll warm up in our house and we'll help you find your brother!"

"But...I'm worried about him."

"He'll be fine for sure!"

Ajax didn't believe his own statement but he didn't want Lumine to cry again.

"Really?"

"Yeah! I'll make a pinky promise!" Ajax suggested while having his pinky out.

Lumine took the hint and put her pinky out towards his.

Ajax tells his pinkie promise. "You make a pinkie promise, you keep it all your life. You break a pinkie promise, I throw you on the ice. The cold will kill the pinkie that once betrayed your friend, the frost will freeze your tongue off so you never lie again."

Lumine widened her eyes when she heard that but hearing that promise from her new friend was relieving

-----