Mistletoe

This was my first Christmas with Jungkook since we had met in February. He helped me decorate the apartment, wrapping the tinsel around the staircase railing and buying decorations for the Christmas tree. We drove out into the countryside to get a Christmas tree, also known as the 'Korean fir'. He hauled it into our apartment, and we decorated the tree together, going for a white theme. The apartment was black and white since I had wanted to make it look classy, making it look kind of like a hotel room, so the silver and white Christmas decorations popped beautifully.

When we were finally done, he lifted me on his shoulders so I could put the star on top of the tree. I was terrified of falling even though I had carpeted my apartment with a rug so soft and thick you could sink into it. He held my legs steady and I gripped his hair with one hand while holding the shining silver star in the other. He looked up at me smiling before lowering me down and kissing me. He wound an arm around my waist as we admired the tree.

After that, Jungkook and I went shopping for Christmasy clothes at the mall. We bought red matching ugly Christmas sweaters that he thought would look cute and adorable reindeer antlers. Then we went home and I made hot chocolate.

On Christmas Eve, the boys and my best friend came over for a party. They burst into our apartment, laughing and chatting. We had turkey for dinner (I had to order it beforehand from Costco) and all the traditional Korean and Western food, since my best friend and I were from the US. We managed to get mashed potatoes, eggnog, and all the classics including some cookies and cake Jungkook and I had made. After dinner, since the boys had brought DVDs, we all sat down on the sofa for movies and popcorn. We cuddled up under blankets and started the movie, an American one, 'The Princess Switch'.

Jungkook rested his head on my shoulder from behind with his arms tight around my waist as we watched, occasionally asking me what a word meant. I smiled and explained thoroughly as he nodded his head, even though I could tell he didn't really understand. The other boys listened as well, although Namjoon could understand completely and sat there smugly smiling. He glanced over at me sympathetically, and I just shrugged and continued explaining. "So basically--"

After we finished both The Princes Switch and The Princess Switch: Switched Again, it was ten minutes to midnight so we decided to have a dance party. We just danced around to random BTS songs before the countdown started. Suddenly, Jungkook pulled me towards him and pointed upwards. I looked and Jin Oppa was standing there holding a cheesybunch of mistletoe. I smiled as the countdown started, but instead of numbers, everyone started chanting, "Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!" and Jungkook looked at me with his adorable bunny smile on his face. They started counting for the last five seconds, "Five! Four! Three! Two--" and Jungkook leaned in a kissed me just as everyone yelled, "ONE! MERRY CHRISTMAS!" But he didn't pull away and I wound my arms around his neck as he placed his on my waist. When we finally pulled away, he whispered in my ear, "Merry Christmas, baby,"