Please Don't Go

Jungkook sat beside my bed, holding my hand and sobbing softly. "Don't leave me... don't go... please don't go..." I had stopped breathing. He was there when the heart monitor had released the long beep, signaling my heart had stopped beating. He had been so overwhelmed with sadness and pain that he had lost all of his strength, dropping to the floor and hammering the ground with his fists. "Why her? Why couldn't it have been me who died? Why?"

He picked up his phone and looked through all our photos, and a video I had made of us on our anniversary. He played it, and both our voices singing 'Nothing Like Us' echoed through the room. Jungkook quietly sang along, remembering how my voice used to harmonize with him when he sang.

"𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒖𝒔

𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒎𝒆

𝑻𝒐𝒈𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒎

𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒖𝒔

𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒎𝒆

𝑻𝒐𝒈𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓..."

He left my side and walked out of the room, not being able to keep looking at me. My best friend had been waiting outside, and she jumped up when she saw him. "Jungkook-ssi!" He bobbed his head at her, too depressed to even offer a smile. "I just remembered something..." she looked away, hesitating. "You know Y/N-ah's a bit of a pessimist-- when you guys started dating a few years ago, she told me that if anything ever happened to her or if she died, she wanted me to tell you that she loved you very very much, and for you to remember that you were her everything..." That was the last straw for Jungkook. He covered his mouth with his hand as he burst into fresh floods of tears, running towards the door at the end of the corridor.

He stumbled into the stairwell and climbed the stairs to the roof of the hospital, remembering when he had confessed to me on the roof of the BTS dorm. He dropped to his knees and started crying loudly. "WHY?!" he yelled at the sky. "WHY?! " Then it started raining and he collapsed, too tired and overwhelmed, having lost his whole world in a matter of hours. He knelt there sobbing in the rain for what seemed like forever as he remembered all the special times we had shared. The kisses, the way I looked at him, the look of happiness on my face when he had given me the teddy bear and flowers, my arms around his neck, holding him tightly.

He was so absorbed in our memories together that he didn't notice a doctor running out onto the roof, coming to stand beside him and kneeling to talk to him. "Jungkook-ssi, Y/N's breathing again!" Jungkook didn't hear him. The doctor grabbed hold of his shoulders and shook him. "Jungkook-ssi, Y/N's not dead!" "What?!" The doctor ran back into my room as Jungkook followed closely behind, filled with hope. Another doctor and a nurse were bent over me, frantically fiddling with all the plugs and tubes.

When I awoke the next day, Jungkook was bent over with his head on my lap, sleeping. I saw tear stains all over his face and admired his angelic face while sleeping. I put my hand on his face and stroked it softly, leaning forward to plant a kiss on his forehead. He slowly fluttered his eyes open, and I immediately leaned back onto the pillow and closed my eyes to pretend I was still unconscious. "Baby?" he looked confused. I peeked through my eyelashes and saw him smile as he looked at me. "My baby..." he whispered as he softly stroked my hair and kissed me.

I kissed him back, and he sat back up with a jolt. "Baby? You're awake!" he cried happily, hugging me fiercely. "I was so scared I had lost you forever..." "Jungkook!" I started crying on his shoulder once I saw his shining eyes looking into mine, making wet marks on his white shirt, suddenly needing to be in his arms, hugging him back hard. "I-I heard you!" "What?" "When I stopped breathing... I heard you!" I started having flashbacks of what had happened in my mind. "You were singing Nothing Like Us, but it was muffled like you were drifting away... Jungkook, I love you!" "I love you too, baby," he whispered. "I love you so much..."