12.

it was a slow kiss.

it was the kind of kiss that needs time to flow from one's lips down the other's throat and into their ribcage, causing a poor heart to ache a little.

their first kiss was pain.

she should have guessed that.

his hands found her waist and he pulled her closer and she wanted to run so she did, she run towards him because her aching chest begged him to never pull away, to never stop the pain.

his fingers and lips were soft and she suddenly felt angry.

she wanted to be devoured properly, without a hint of gentleness.

and tom riddle knew.

and tom riddle bit her bottom lip.

and tom riddle hardened his touch on her waist and her aching heart was finally in peace.

he pulled away and the ache in her chest stopped and she hated it.

he looked at her for a whole moment, his eyes took her in, her almost untraceable lack of breath, her bitten lips and her dilated pupils and he smirked.

pain does suit you.

because you caused it.

she took her book and walked past him

and it didn't occur to her at the moment but the image of her always leaving first was a metaphor, it was a sign and a prophecy all together.

she would always leave first because of the two of them, her heart was easier to lift.

she stopped however and offered him a last glance and a smile, a smile so beautiful it almost put death to shame.

please, hurt me again. you look majestic when you play with my heart like that.

and tom kissed her again.

this kiss was hard, it was a broken promise in the form of a kiss.

the second kisses are always painful because they hide the secret sadness of not being the first, they flow between the lovers' lips back and forth caring the unimaginable weight of not being that special after all.

but there is nothing more painful than the gap between the second kiss and the rest, a gap that only closes after the last kiss.

there is nothing more poetic and terrifying than the last kiss.

if i ever die, i will die before the last kiss

meredith thought and the irony was lost between heavy breaths and kisses and touches and pain and fingers curling dangerously around her neck.

but at that moment they were sharing the second kiss, the most unimportant of all kisses, and one of his hands had found her waist and the other was quietly put in the back of her neck.

she wanted nothing but his fingers curled around her neck allowing her only to breath inside his mouth.

when they pulled apart, meredith sherison expected herself to be different.

but she wasn't.

when they pulled apart, tom riddle expected himself to be the same.

but he wasn't.

the world started ending at this exact moment.