Chapter 8

Morgan once again shifts his position on the uncomfortable plastic chair next to Emily's hospital bed.
"Garcia found out about your feelings for JJ. I didn't tell, she found the letter you wrote me before you left for London. She wanted us to tell JJ as well, but I stopped her." Morgan says to the sleeping agent.
He lets his eyes travel over Emily's face. She looks so peaceful. When he first met Emily, he didn't have the highest thoughts about her. She felt like an outsider for some reason. But she never gave up fighting for her place in the group, and she never hesitated to stand up and protect the other agents. The dark-haired agent is not easy to get to know, but Morgan found one of his best friends in her when he finally accomplished the mission of getting to know the person behind the agent-facade.
"Maybe Garcia is right. Maybe we should tell JJ. If she knew about your feelings, she could put you out of your misery and give you an answer about whether she has feelings for you to. And if she doesn't you would hopefully be able to move on from this and eventually be happy again."

JJ is sitting at her desk, deep in thought. She thinks about Emily, her best friend and partner in crime. She thinks about everything she has found out today. Garcia's question is echoing in her head. Do you feel the same? In the letter Emily talks about those nights in different hotel rooms when JJ held her and sang to her. JJ loved those nights too. She has several times wished for the time to stop and let them stay in that moment forever. Truth be told she never knew before reading the letter that Emily felt so safe with her. She only knew how she on those nights would put ner nose in Emily's hair, breathe in her scent, and feel like the luckiest person on earth for getting to share that moment with Emily. She can't deny that she on several occasions has imagined how it would be if she and Emily were together. But then she would think about Will and Henry. If she hadn't gotten pregnant she probably wouldn't still be with Will. But with all insecurities she felt having a baby on the way it was somehow easier to stay with Will. How much she tried to ignore it though, there was still that pull on her heart whenever she thought about Emily.

She puts her head in her hands and releases a deep breath. She doesn't know what to think or do. Maybe she should just pretend she never read the letter? With a shake of her head she stands up, grabs her coat, and leaves her office.

Morgan checks the time again. He has been sitting next to Emily's bed for almost an hour now. She looks as calm as ever. He sighs and runs a hand over his face.
"You better make it through this, princess."
Not a flinch.
He sighs again. He gets up from the chair, ready to leave, when he hears a noise by the door. He looks up ans sees JJ standing there.
"Hi." Morgan says hesitantly.
JJ doesn't answer, and he nods to himself before exiting the room.

JJ feels her thoughts spinning. It's all so overwhelming standing right next to Emily. JJ never feels as safe as she does when she's with Emily, but at this very moment that feeling is all mixed up with fear and confusion.
JJ's eyes finds the pale hand of the other agent lying limply alongside her body. She lifts her own hand and places it over Emily's. She can't help the small chuckle that leaves her lips. This feels so familiar. If things had been different; if she was a little braver then-

Her thoughts come to an abrupt end when she feels the hand under hers moving. It turns and softly closes around JJ's. One second JJ's heart is pounding gard in her chest and she can't seem to move at all; the next second, she's out the door, running towards her car in the parking lot.