Chapter 3

The profilers have been in the hospital for over an hour, waiting for an update on Emily. Garcia has cancelled their reservation at the restaurant she and Morgan picked out for this evening. She looks around the waiting room. Her colleagues are all lost in their own thoughts. JJ looks like she's trying to solve the world's hardest puzzle and at the same time she looks like she's completely lost. When Penelope's eyes lands on Morgan she sees that he is having an internal conflict with himself. Garcia gets the feeling like there is something he knows about Emily that he doesn't know if he should tell the team about or not.
"What is it that you know?"
"Huh?" Derek says as he looks up at Garcia who's sitting in a chair across from him.
"What is it that you know about Emily?" Garcia says. The other profilers turn their heads towards Morgan, waiting for his answer.
"Nothing" Morgan says hesitating.
"It's not nothing! Now you tell me what it is or I'm going to hit you on the head, hard!" Garcia says angrily.
"Wow what's gotten into you?" Morgan says a bit taken aback by his friend.
"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that. I'm just really worried about Emily and all this waiting with so many questions and so little answers is killing me." Garcia says with a sigh.
"I know baby girl, I know. I hate the waiting too." Morgan says with a barely visible smile.
"Family of Emily Prentiss?" A doctor asks as he enters the waiting room. The team rises to their feet and walk up to the doctor.
"How is she?" Hotch asks.
"Well we found some kind of poison in her system but we don't know what it is yet. We have emptied her stomach and put her on IV. The poison hasn't been in Emily's system long enough to be life threatening. In order to give her body enough rest to heal properly we have put Emily in a temporary coma." The doctor tells the team.
"When is she waking up?" Garcia asks with a tear rolling down her cheek.
"I don't know when. We are keeping her in the coma for at least ten days." The doctor answers.
"So there's nothing we can do but wait then?" Rossi asks.
"Not at this moment no." The doctor tells them.

When the doctor has left Hotch turns to his team.
"We need to find out how Emily got the poison in her system. I don't know about you guys but I don't believe that Emily would do this to herself."
"No, she would never do something like this. Someone did this to her but who and why?" Rossi says.
Garcia once again sees Derek debate with himself over something.
"What is it that you know about Emily, Morgan?" She asks him.