Chapter 4

Three days later the team has arrested the unsub who turned out to be one of Emily's neighbors. This woman has been bothering Emily for a long time, way before she moved to London. When she found out that Emily was back she got mad and decided to make Emily go away once and for all. She droped off a small basket with poisoned biscuits outside Emily's door. In the basket was a note that said: From the neighbor. Emily obviosly thought it was a 'welcome home' gesture and ate one of the biscuits.

It was Morgan who solved the crime. Emily once told him about this woman and why she didn't like Emily. Morgan knows why this happened but he can't tell the team without telling them about the secret he has promised Emily to keep. So the only one he has told everything is Hotch so they could arrest the unsub. Hotch has promised that he won't tell the others about Emily's secret.

"How did you do it?" Reid asks Morgan as the team meets up the next morning.
"How did I do what?" Morgan answers.
"How did you know who poisoned Emily?" Reid says
"Ehm... I'm good at my job." Morgan answers and rushes away to the coffee machine.
Garcia sits in silence. She is far away in her own thoughts. Yesterday Morgan had droped a letter on the floor in her office. It fell out of his pocket. She picked it up and was about to call for Morgan when she saw that the letter was from Emily. She tried but couldn't resist reading it, and that is why she's so quiet today.
"What?" JJ asks Garcia.
"Huh?" She answers.
"You were staring at me." JJ explains.
"Oh sorry" Garcia says.
"Are you okay? You've been so quiet all morning." JJ asks
Morgan comes back with a coffee in hand and he takes a seat next to Garcia.
"I'm just thinking about Emily, that's all" Garcia answers
Morgan finds Garcia's behavior a bit odd. He reaches inside his jacket to make sure the letter's still there. It's not. His profiler brain quickly puzzles together Penelope's behavior and the missing letter and he stands up quickly.
" Garcia I need to talk to you. Now!" He says almost angry.
"Okay" Garcia answers a bit hesitant.
The other profiler's look confused at their two colleagues as the pair make their way to the briefing room. Through the windows they watch their friends as they talk.

"Close the door" Morgan tells Garcia as they walk in to the briefing room.
Garcis does what she's told. When the door closes Morgan turns and looks straight into Garcia's eyes.
"You know" he states.