II

JIEUN

after waking up from another sleepless night, i walked out of my bedroom. i brushed my teeth and watched as messy bed haired jacob entered the bathroom.

i finished my morning routine and watched as jacob fixed his tie.

hours of getting ready went by, jeff drove jacob and i to school since the bus literally left us alone during this gloomy day. plus, jeff was free anyway.

he pulled up to the gates and handed us an umbrella before we exited the car. "don't cause trouble you dumbasses alright?" jacob and i nodded before heading into the building.

"wow, i envy those siblings. joonyoung's a handsome guy and jieun is pretty.." a girl muttered.

i smiled and looked at her. "hey, if you're trying to degrade yourself, don't. you're pretty too." i giggled and waved goodbye before walking under jacobs shared umbrella.

jacob closed the umbrella under a roof and shook it harshly so that the umbrella could dry properly. "jacilynn, 12pm school basement, is that cool?" i nodded at jacob. "have fun!" he waved goodbye and walked on over to his friend group.

i sighed and looked up at my friend group. "hey lover girl" heejin snickered. "could you not call me that?" i grumbled. "what's wrong?" gowon frowned.

"these letters are killing me!" i slumped over to my locker and huffed. "your secret admirer writes cute letters though. why do you stack them in your locker if you dislike them so much?"

"i need to put all of them together to at least have a clue." i sighed. "oh, that's smart." gowon giggled. "thanks vanilla" she nodded. "jacilynn!" haseul waved. "oh, hi haseul!"

"any ideas on your secret admirer?" i shook my head, staring down at the floor. "jacob gave me a few hints but i don't think it's the guy i'm thinking of." i messed up my hair.

"hey, hey." haseul giggled, fixing my hair again. "it's okay. you'll figure it out, say who do you have on your mind?" "eric. but the initials say different." gowon and heejin looked at each other.

"he could have a korean name too." gowon pointed out. "that's what jacob hinted. not sure though." i sighed deeply. "here's something to treat you." haseul gave me a carton of strawberry milk and giggled.

"oh? that's so sudden though." "it's from vivi. she wasn't able to come today so, she gave you this instead." i smiled. "i hope she's doing well though. her financial problems at the moment could affect her and i would do anything to help."

"so would we." "why would she buy me this though? i know she's struggling." they all shrugged. "she's so kind for this.. i should treat her something back."

"let's head to class, it's 8:30 soon."

i headed to my class, over to my seat and sat down. juyeon came over to me and gave me another envelope. but before he left, i grabbed his wrist.

"you need something?"

"who's giving me these letters."

"sorry, i can't give you that information." then, he left.

~ 12p.m.

my friend group and jacobs were in the school basement, playing games as per usual.

"hmm, eric has never played with us so how about we ask him?" juyeon wiggled his eyebrows. and eric kinda gave him the 'i-will-kill-you' glare.

"juyeon don't pressure him. he doesn't have to play if he doesn't want to." i said.
"no it's alright." eric assured.

"alright, truth, or dare?" sunwoo clapped.

"truth"

"who out of the girls would you kiss-"

"dare"

"i dare you to kiss one of the g-"

"never have i ever-"

"THAT'S NOT THE GAME ERIC-"

"aLRIGHT JUST ASK HIM ANOTHER QUESTION IF HE DOESN'T WANT TO ANSWER." i yelled.

heejin smirked and sighed. "let me ask him," she glanced at eric. "truth or dare?" "yall this is getting boring" yves yawned. "for real." hyunjin groaned. i nodded.

"let's play a different game then." choerry suggested. "hm, alright" i smiled. "you know what? let's just talk." heejin looked at me. i ripped my eyes wide open. "you didn't seem interested in another game. you can just say no baeji." she said.

"but i don't wanna come off as rude, y'know?" the girls sighed. "it's not rude to say no. you're just as gentle as your brother." they looked over at jacob.

i shrugged. "it's just the way jeff taught us things while our parents are in canada." i looked over at my brother who nodded. "he taught you two good things. you barely even curse or get mad."

"we have enough patience. we don't use profanities either. there was this one time he got mad and started cursing though. jeff and i threw a deck of cards on his back so he threw us off and cursed."

"but i prayed after i did that.." he muttered. "he always prays after he swears. or does something bad in general." i snickered. "hey! you do it too!" jacob frowned.

"alright, i admit. i do." "enough talking about these siblings." sunwoo grumbled. "jieun, you've been holding something behind your back for a while now. mind showing us what it is?"

i fiddled with the envelope in between my fingers and sighed before pulling it out to show. "another one?!" younghoon exclaimed. "i thought it was done already."

i looked at eric who had kept a straight face. but his ears said otherwise. they turned red. still didn't convince me though, could be a different student.

i opened it up and saw that it was decorated with cute little stickers. it made me giggle softly. "it's so adorable. the stickers are so cute too." i grinned and looked at the letter.

"Hi Jieun!

It's me again. hope these letters don't bother you too much since, there are quite a lot of them i have sent. don't be creeped out. it's not juyeon or anyone of your brothers friends. well maybe? but who knows ;) just wanted to check up on you. hope you're eating well!!!! i wish i could meet you since we graduate soon. wait until the end. you'll see me then, hopefully.

The air that has spread to light
Still in one's time
The dream is going to be a fantasy
Why in front of you why are you more like a fascinating dream irony, yeah

love, s.yj."

i smiled. "it's so cute." i put it back into the envelope and shut it. "so, what to do?"

_______
:')