V

ERIC

there was no doubt that i was blushing. my friends cooed and teased me behind me and waited for my reaction. but i was frozen. i stared at the piece of paper in my hand and cheered silently.

i turned back to my friends with a smile drawn on my face. i was happier than ever. "you look creepy." chanhee twitched and turned away. "let the child be, chanhee. look at how happy he is!" sangyeon walked up to me and squished my cheeks.

my smile didn't fade away.

"first was a letter," i toned. "and now her number too!!" i cheered, jumping up and down like a child. juyeon managed to calm me down and ruffled up my now tousled hair.

"class starts in 10. let's be early." the tallest suggested. we all nodded in agreement.

in class, i could barely even focus. i scribbled around in my notebook, writing different things. just then i had realized, i forgot to send her the letter. "fuck!" i whisper-shouted at my self, thankfully.

juyeon, who sat in front of me, turned back to look at me with a confused face. i quietly rummaged around in my school bag and gave him the letter. "i forgot.." i whispered.

"ahh.." he realized and nodded. the elder took it from my hold and placed it under his desk.

~ ♡

i saw juyeon take the letter out and walk straight over to jieuns class. i almost let out an excited squeal, she gave me her number! i have to be one of the most luckiest guys in the school!

every guy falls for someone like jieun. she's kind, funny, polite, sweet, she's also really pretty!

"lover boy, you're zoning out." sunwoo chuckled as he saw me stare out of the window. "do you think jieun likes me back?" i sighed. "duh, she wouldn't have helped you back there if she didn't."

i pursed my lips and saw as a girl walked up to me with chocolates. "why me?" i mumbled to myself and glanced at her. "these are from bae jieun! enjoy." she smiled and left the classroom in a hurry.

i widened my eyes and realized. ripping off the sticky note, i read it clearly and slowly, making sure not to miss a single word.

"hey eric!

this is just a small little gift i wanted to give you for absolutely no reason. i hope you enjoy the chocolates with joy! it's better if you eat them with a movie playing haha. just a suggestion though! you can eat them whenever and wherever.
hope you like them <3

from, bae jieun."

my face turned RED. redder than red.

sunwoo cackled at my sudden reaction and pulled out his phone, recording my tomato face. "you look stupid eric. let me just send this to the group chat." he smirked. "NO-"

"too late." sunwoo sheepishly grinned.

"YAH-"

~ ♡

it was break time.

we hung out in the basement as per usual with jieuns friend group and herself. she looked stunning, just like always.

"eric, why are you staring at jieun~" hyunjae teased. the girl looked at me and flashed her soft smile. "leave eric alone." jieun tsked and giggled. "why? don't you think you'd make a great couple—"

"YOUNGHOON!" i shrieked. the boyz laughed at me and nonstop teased me. "you guys are so mean!!"

JIEUN

i was watching as the guys started teasing eric. i stifled a laugh at the boy. he is absolutely adorable.

"i'm not gonna lie though, eric is adorable when he's sulking." i blurted and looked at the boy with red hair and black streaks. it suited him well.

i saw as he blushed even harder. i couldn't help but laugh and adore him.

"i wanna go and get a choco pie from the vending machines. anyone wanna come?" i saw as the girls and the boyz make eye contact with each other and smirk. all of them shook their heads as a no.

"maybe, eric should accompany you." gowon smiled softly. i knew what they were up to.

a groan escaped my mouth. "are you guys being serious?" i complained and huffed. "never seen baeji get upset so fast." hyunjin widened her eyes. "w-whatever..." i stammered, without realizing it myself.

"eric, mind going with me?" i turned around with a slightly red face. "yeah eric, our legs are sore.." younghoon frowned.

it left us no other choice but to walk with each other.

"you don't mind, do you?" i smile, not wanting him to be uncomfortable. "i don't. let's go!" the boy cheered and exited the basement with me. we started walking beside each other, awkward silence taking over.

"so, how did you like the chocolates?" i asked. "i find it sweet of you, but why so suddenly?" eric questioned withh his head slightly tilted.

"just a little gift, you know? i like being generous" i giggled and stopped at a vending machine.

ERIC

her laugh. it pleases my ears. call me weird but, her smile provides me happiness. you know, for example when your idol or someone special smiles and you feel happy all of a sudden? yeah.

i know i'm cheesy but i have to admit it.

i want to confront her soon...

but i don't know how..

it's been years since i've started sending letters...

why can't i just tell her my feelings?

am i that much of a coward?

a coward who can't tell anyone but one person his feelings about another?

"earth to eric?" jieun waved her hand in front of my face.

of course.. i spaced out again.

"you were zoning out just now, what's on your mind?" a worried tone lingered in her voice. "uh..." i gnawed on my lip nervously. then, an idea popped into my head.

"it's because i've been crushing on someone for a while now.." i scratched my nape. "and i don't know how to tell her my feelings towards her.."

jieun pursed her lips. "o-oh..." she smiled, it looked forced though?

"let's get back to the others.. they might get worried..hah.." then, she ran off.

what have i gotten myself into?

but wait,

why is she upset?