VIII

JIEUN

i was currently hiding in a bathroom stall, slapping my own forehead in embarrassment and stupidity as i had thought back to my sentence.

"he must have heard that! you're so dumb!" i told myself and continuously slapped my own face.

"ugh, he must think of me as a weirdo!" a deep sigh made it's way out of my mouth as i complained. "if only i could go back in time.."

not so long after my little mental breakdown, i walked out of the bathroom again and went into the basement.

before walking in, i put on a neutral face, pretending like absolutely nOTHING happened.

right?

"heeyyy jieun!" hyunjin teasingly waved at me.

i threw a threatening glare just to see her return one.

"kim hyunjin really is an interesting one, huh." heejin chuckled.

i sat back down in my seat, completely ignoring heejins statement and pursed my lips.

"you seem so nervous jiji, loosen up a little what are you so afraid of?" hyunjae asked, clearly knowing what i had accidentally blurted in front of all of them.

"nothing, i'm fine." i replied quickly and turned my head away from the circle.

"jacie, are you okay?" jacob who was next to me whispered in my ear to check up on me.

as he looked at me, i shook my head slightly, making sure no one but jacob could see my gesture.

"i heard what you said, is it because you call him cute?" he whispered a little quieter, but i could still clearly hear his words.

this time i nodded with my bottom lip stuck in between my teeth. he just threw a smile and gestured that it would be fine and that eric didn't notice anything.

"really? i said it so clearly though." i told him but jacob nodded his head.

"everythings clear. sometimes eric just a little too out of his mind to understand things." he smiled and gave me a thumbs up.

"alright yall," haseul called, "we still have about 20 minutes left, what do we do."

all of us shrugged until haseul decided to open her mouth again after a long sigh.

"charades?"

since that was the only thing that could fit in these 20 minutes, we agreed on playing charades until we cried of laughter.

~ (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ 5 MINUTES BEFORE END OF LUNCH BREAK

AUTHORS POV

they all went back to their classrooms after laughing.

of course they split up, besides jieun and eric. being bae jieun, the girl already knew what they were up to and tried to converse with eric, leading to a laughing session instead.

"did you see what sunwoo did?! is that how he represents kevin?" jieun laughed, thinking back to when sunwoo started twerking out of nowhere.

oh, the butterflies eric got when her smile appeared.

he laughed with her and scratched his nape, "yeah. oh and by the way, this may come off as weird but your smile is pretty."

that sudden compliment caught jieun off-guard. "thanks!" she smiled and pat his shoulder.

"i mean, you're generally really pretty." he straightforwardly spoke, causing the girl to blush.

"t-thanks! you're not too bad yourself, cutie." she bubbled and pat his head.

"oh? where does cutie come from?" eric cocked his head to the side.

"i don't know, for all i know you're cute so, cutie!" she puzzled it together and smiled.

"we have a minute left, let's get to our classes before we get in trouble." eric suggested and walked her to class before leaving.

~ (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ LESSON START

the bell rang, indicating that a new lesson has started for the sophomores and other grade students.

juyeon fidgeted with the pen in hand and tapping his fingers against the sheet of paper laying in front of him.

he couldn't focus. but he still managed to finish the work he had been assigned before erics nosy self picked into his moment of silence.

"you need something, youngjae?" he whispered before facing the younger who had been struggling with his work for the past 30 minutes.

eric was looking at juyeon with pleading eyes, wanting for him to help with his work.

"i can't help you now, we can study later with jieun and jacob." he winked.

eric thought nothing of it and nodded. "sure thing, don't start anything fishy though-"

"mr. lee and mr. son!" the teacher called, inmediately making the students apologize for disrupting.

~ (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ AFTER SCHOOL

all of the students went home aside from juyeon, eric and the bae siblings. jieun and jacob told jeff they were coming home late before heading over to study.

"charades was odd, especially sunwoo twerking. never seen that before." juyeon chuckled and scratched his nape.

"sunwoo had always been odd." jacob pointed out.

"that's a fact." his sibling laughed.

they arrived at the huge library where they planned on studying and entered through the glass doors.

the group sat down by a table for four and started working.

"i don't understand this..." eric grumbled and right after, slammed his face against the table.

"yah!" jieun shrieked and held his head up, caressing his forehead. "don't do that, you might get a strong headache or even worse injure yourself." she whispered.

eric nodded and groaned. "how do you solve this?!" he complained and threw his pen against the table.

"don't get too worked up, 'ric. let me help you, juyeon move." she shooed the boy and stood up, walking over to the opposite side and setting herself next to eric.

"where are you stuck at?"

"x - 34 = 89" eric explained, slightly embarrassed. what gave it away were his tomato red ears.

"don't be embarrassed, i understand how you could forget these, but once you ace this revision you can forget everything you learned in the past." jieun assured.

"basically you just add 34 to 89 and there you have x. it's simple." jieun explained simply. "adding 34 to 34 isn't necessary."

"it's that simple?!" eric gasped. "how could i forget that? dang, i feel like a toddler."

jieun giggled at his remark, little did they know, jacob and juyeon were already snapping pictures of them.

"are you serious?!" eric whined.