Prologue

Long tears streamed down my face as I looked up and through the glass at the man in his white coat

Long tears streamed down my face as I looked up and through the glass at the man in his white coat. My body was restrained and I felt defeated. A petite woman walked through the door and places needles and other medical cords to my body.

I looked around the plain white room and through the glass window separating me from them. My body was completely weak as my head pound in pain.

My head snapped up as I heard heavy breaths and coughs next to me. My eyes turned to the direction of the noise and my eyes met the green eyes that belonged to my one and only lover.

The woman left the cold empty room and locked the door. They both stood on the next side of the glass. The man bent down to the mic he used to communicate with me.

"Remember Charlie if you die, you die making the world better" his grungy voice rang out through the room.
I tried to break loose as he was about to start the machine. I struggled against the bounds on my body trying to break loose but it was too late.

A loud screeching noise left my mouth as he started up the machine. A painful shock was sent through my body before everything went black.

In that moment of darkness, my mind ran back to 6 months ago when my life was filled with the good memories.