Chapter 3

The sky was dark and stars had already appeared in the sky

The sky was dark and stars had already appeared in the sky. Considering it's spring it's pretty dark for 7 o'clock at night. Then again who am I to tell, I'm not a scientist or a weather expert.

I do have to admit I love it when it's night. I'm more of a night person than a morning one.
That's why I try to work till afternoon to night shifts during the weekend too.
I'm more active at night and it's just so, peaceful.

Except today my mind is working overtime.
I've just finished my shift at Denise's and all I could think about the entire shift was those mysterious and compelling eyes.

Shortly after he gave me his number, he sat down with his friend, Avani.
How they're just friends I don't know.
During the entire half hour they sat there talking and drinking their coffee I couldn't help but glance at him every few minutes.
Each time capturing a new detail about his looks every time I studied him.

His gorgeous green eyes were only the start of his unimaginable beauty. His body slightly stretched his perfectly fitted T-shirt, accentuating his big but not too big muscles and his perfectly sculpted body.

He looked to be about 6'1 or 6'2.

His hair is brown, long at the front, and slightly curled making me want to jump over the counter and run my hands through it until he would stop me. His hair was perfect.

His perfectly defined jawline and his perfect smile made him look all the more like a Greek god.
His grin didn't reach his eyes like they did when I gave him my number though, now that I think about it, that's kinda odd.

He's just a mystery.

I just described a guy as perfect like 10 times. That's new.

I don't believe in love at first sight and I don't usually give people my number.

Actually I never do, but I couldn't help it.

Something about those eyes and his face seemed.. familiar. Not like I'd seen him before because trust me, I would've remembered but it was like they linked to me, somehow.

I'm not sure but I'm going to find out.

I still can't believe he wanted my number! I mean me, with my extremely odd rainbow eyes and bright red hair.
His best friend is six times more beautiful than me but yet he said he'd never date her.
Kinda weird, don't you think?

I can't help thinking of her face when Jordyn declared he'd never date her. She seemed hurt?
But it was so quick maybe I was just imagining it.

After my encounter with him and after he left all I could thing about was his voice, his hair and his eyes.
Those eyes, I've seen something like them before. As if they hold some sort of secret..

Looking up I realised I was home.
'Home' if that's what you can call it.

I believe many peoples lives are worse than mine, with many different issues, and I'll always think that. sometimes I can't help but get caught up in my dysfunctional family. And wallow in a bit of self pity.