Chapter 1

The days seem to all be the same

The days seem to all be the same. An endless cycle of sleeping, eating, going to college, eating, working in a small café called Denise's Coffee, going home and being well let's just say.. not appreciated by my parents and then going back to sleep again.
The cycle repeats.
This had been going on for about a month and a half.

Nothing interesting had happened and to most people, I looked like an unsociable, almost average looking girl.

But I had a secret, it's a weird secret to have and honestly, nobody else has to bare the secret except maybe my little brother, Caleb.
But I'm not going to get into that now, it's a long story but it's a big part of MY story.​
——————————————————————————————————————————

It was just another normal day, and I was heading to my last class of the week with my eyes averted to the floor and not a care in the world if I bumped into anyone.
Drama.
I love drama and music, it's the two places where I can lose myself and not care about what everyone else was thinking of.

I don't have to put up a false image of me.
I can be myself or I can be myself as another person.

It's simple really, I either lose myself in music and I sing to my heart's content not caring whether others thought I was good or not or I would lose my self through the art of acting.

The theatre is a place where it doesn't matter how I act nobody will judge me. I'm another person and it really frees you.
In drama, we're a family.

Something hard bumped into me breaking me out of my thoughts and into the present.
Great I'm sat on the floor.
That's sure to leave a bruise later.

Glancing up, I looked into the most beautiful green eyes I had ever seen and stumbled at a loss for words.
As if he read my mind, the stranger gave me his hand to help me up and said,

"My eyes aren't that pretty, you know? But yours are"
"I uhhhh"
why was I acting like such a little schoolgirl, I'm supposed to be confident? What...?
Did he say my eyes were pretty??

Looking back at him his lips lifted into a small smirk.
I dropped my eyes back to the floor looking for an answer to give him

Oh god, he is one fine specimen.

I started speaking as I looked up, "You shouldn't say that about yourself you know-"
Cutting myself off I realised he wasn't there.

He'd gone and I couldn't even have a proper conversation with him.
I couldn't properly assess his features.

Dammit.
——————————————————————————————————————————

I finished my drama lesson with nothing but those gorgeous green eyes in my head the entire hour and a half.
I've never been hung up on a boy before.

Heck I didn't even properly talk to him.

In fact, at the age of 17, I had never dated a boy before.
It wasn't me.
I didn't need a boy, man or relationship to complete me.
I was independent.
I had other things to worry about and to dwell on.

Don't get me wrong I have been told countless times that I'm beautiful and I've had some date requests in the past but I've always declined if we dated they'd just leave me or cheat. I'm not pretty like those other girls.

I like some things about me like my long-tanned legs, naturally straight red hair, my un-natural multicoloured and mismatched eyes and my long-curled lashes. I love how I have an average body shape.

I won't lie and say I have no insecurities, my boobs could be a cup size bigger and I could have some more weight on my arms and thighs, I could have higher cheekbones and I could have perfect vision.
I wish I was short and cute like all those other girls, I wish I could wear heels to make me look glamorous. I wish, I didn't stick out like a sore thumb at college. I wish I was graceful like those other tall girls with sleek black hair and looks of a goddess. I wish I didn't have glasses.

But I do have glasses and I do have all of those insecurities.
I've been told my glasses make me look cute especially when they're atop my head.
But I don't agree.
I don't think I ever will, I guess I'll just have to come to terms with that.

Breaking myself out of my self-doubt, and my wallowing, my mind went straight to him.
I doubt he will ever notice me...
What am I going on about, I don't need some stranger and his enticing green eyes.

So why is he still stuck in your head?
Shut up thoughts.
Just sayin'
Shush.

Maybe one day ill be seen as I am by someone.
Maybe someday my life will change and I will be able to show someone my secret and maybe someday I'll truly love someone.

I looked up and found my self outside of Denise's coffee shop, ready for my shift.