──𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐃𝐄 𝐓𝐖𝐎

─────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───────
──EPISODE TWO

TO SAY ÉLODIE WAS NERVOUS for her first day back at school would be the understatement of the century, and she was more thankful for Miguel's existence than she could even fathom.

She knew arriving at school with the 'new kid' would probably make people stare only more, but all the same, she was glad she'd have someone to take her first few steps back into the school with.

She knew Sam was 'popular' now and could think of nothing worse than associating with the girls with whom she hung out now. All those years playing in her back yard, training in the dojo, eating dinner with her family... she wondered if it would even matter now.

She hoped Aisha was okay, excited to see her, but she knew Aisha had been at camp and having not had a chance to talk to her much anyway, she was worried about their reunion. After all, Sam had always been the rope that tied the two together.

Maybe this year that would change.

"You ready to go?" she asked as Miguel opened his door, "Sorry it's early I—uh..."

"Nervous?"

"A little."

"Same here," he laughed, slinging his bag over his shoulder as his mum approached his side, "Who is it? Oh, you must be Élodie! Im so glad Miggy has made a lovely friend here!"

"Thank you Ms Diaz," Élodie grinned with a blush, "I'm glad to have met him too."

"You should join us for dinner, Élodie. As a thank you for showing my Miguel the ropes here," she offered, a warm smile on her face as she dusted off her uniform, "I might finish late today, but I'd love to have you here."

"I'd love that," Élodie nodded, warmth spreading through her heart at the acceptance, "Yes please."

"Right, well thanks mom. See you later, love you," Miguel dismissed her with a half-hug, turning to follow Élodie out of the complex, "It was lovely meeting you Ms Diaz!"

"Call me Carmen!"

They chatted idly as they walked, trying desperately to distract eachother from the nerves.

"I'm gonna be straight up and warn you that I'm not really sure where I stand on friends... so don't expect me to help you on your way to popularity," Élodie joked, avoiding his gaze as she was slightly embarrassed.

Miguel shook his head, "I've already been beaten up once, Élodie, and I've been here a weekend. I'm hardly set up for success anyway."

Élodie's head snapped towards him now, "What?"

"It's okay... Sensei— uh, Johnny Lawrence helped me out a bit... got into trouble, but he helped me out," Miguel assured her, "He's training me in karate now."

Élodie chuckled, "Really? You must've really got beat if Johnny's teaching you karate as a result."

Miguel furrowed his brows, "You know him well, then?"

"I used to bring him food when I'd cook for grams, before I went away," she explained, trying to suppress the bubbling anxiety in her stomach as they approached the school, "He's a... character."

Miguel smiled, but remained acutely aware of how closed off she seemed.

"That he is... have you heard of Guns n Roses?" he asked, remembering the band Johnny had mentioned that previous night as he tried to keep conversation flowing with his first friend in the Valley.