──𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐃𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

─────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───────
──EPISODE FIVE

THE DOOR TO THE DOJO swung open, causing Johnny and Miguel to snap their heads up towards it, Johnny's brows furrowing in confusion, "What the hell? No yoga till 5:00," his eyes flickered from Élodie to Aisha, "No matter how bad you need it."

Élodie scoffed, "That's not why we're here."

"I-I'm actually here for karate. I saw your website," Aisha explained nervously, "It said that there was supposed to be a session today."

"I'm just here to spectate," Élodie shrugged, tongue in cheek as she shot a jokey wink towards Miguel who laughed and returned it.

"I appreciate you coming in, but there are no girls in Cobra Kai. Especially if Marshall isn't the one trying to join." Johnny said matter-of-factly, causing both Miguel and Élodie to look at him like he was crazy, as Aisha's face dropped, "Why not?"

"Same reason there aren't women in the Army. Doesn't make sense."

Miguel pulled him aside, shooting Élodie a panicked look for a moment as she shook her head.

"Miguel will talk him into it, don't worry," Élodie whispered to the girl at her side, giving her shoulder a reassuring rub, "You're gonna kick ass, Aish."

Sure enough, Johnny and Miguel re-emerged moments later, "Okay, take off your shoes. Hop on the mat. Okay... after further review, l've decided to allow female students. But if you want to be in Cobra Kai, you can't act like a girl."

"What do you mean? How do girls act?" Élodie pulled a face at the Sensei, scoffing, "Anything like my pretty mean knee strike on you two years ago, Sensei?"

"Oh, don't give me that... You know what I mean, all emotional, loud, complain-y, never letting you finish a sentence," Johnny widened his eyes at her for a moment to emphasise he meant her as he spoke, because she'd always had a habit of talking back, "Just because you can fight, Élodie, doesn't mean every girl can," he deadpanned.

"Well, I know a few guys who act just..." Aisha began, but was startled into silence by Johnny shouting, "Quiet!"

Élodie rolled her eyes, and Johnny gave her the side-eye as Miguel held in a laugh.

"My student tells me you've been harassed at school." he looked carefully at Aisha, who nodded, "Yeah. Mostly online. I get mean texts and emails sent to me. Makes me not want to go."

"Oh shit, I gotta go," Élodie glanced at her phone as it began to ring, Led Zeppelin's 'ramble on' blaring from its speakers, "I'm...uh, getting a phone call?"

Her face contorted in confusion as she saw that it was Samantha LaRusso, but she answered all the same as she exited the dojo, "Uh... Sam? Hi?"

"I'm sorry for calling, I really am," Samantha sounded upset, and Élodie's heart sank even though she felt silly for worrying immediately about someone who'd not bothered with her in ages, "It's just— Kyler's... he's..."

Élodie tried to calm her down, "It's okay, Sam, take it slow..."

She heard Sam breathe out, "On that date with Kyler... nothing happened but he's been telling people it did and I— I don't know what to do. Even the girls believe him..."

"That asshole!" Élodie snapped, more to herself than to Sam, "God, I wish I'd snapped his arm instead of just letting him go..."

She knew Sam would be confused at this, but continued her rant, "Look, if the bitches," she paused to cough, "Sorry, your friends, are being dicks about it you can hang with me tomorrow. If they give you any shit well... I won't let them."