Chapter 54 {steven universe future}

Hey everyone! I'd just like to start off by saying that I will not he writing each episode of future purely because it wouldn't make sense for Wolfie to be in everyone of them. So the future segment may be small, but I hope to have a bunch of endings. I'll probabaly do a vote of which ones you want first and end the last episode of future with what Wolfie's canon ending would be. Not saying that none of her love interest routes are canon! Just saying that they're more like add-ons. So say I write her a separate ending with Garnet for example and Garnet isn't in the canon ending, that doesn't mean they aren't canon in the book. It just means that she isn't in one of the possible endings. But really in the true ending of the book it's up to your imagination who Wolfie ends up with from the hinted at ships in the book. I wouldn't mind you putting here which character you ship her with! It can be a canon character or one of her own gems. Some characters won't get endings or just won't get romantic endings (the diamonds for example will not get a romantic ending and gems who Wolfie didn't regularly interact with won't really get an ending)

Thank you for reading that long message! Now, on with the actual chapter lmao
.
.
.
-Little Homeschool-

Steven had just brought another gem back from their unfortunate corruption. She was scared and confused but he comforted the gem and tried to catch her up on the times. He gave her pamphlets before getting in his car with her. He drives along the bumpy sand of the beach before reaching the roads, explaining to her the concept of the crystal gems newest project

Little Homeschool!
She didn't quite understand what it was so he took a more hands on approach and showed her around the place. He stopped by Garnet, Pearl and Amethyst's classes, explaining all of them before finding Wolfie's.

"Now pearl, I want you to go get me my phone."

"Yes, my diamond!" The random pearl sputtered out.

The quartz looks to Steven, "I thought nobody owned anybody?"
"Oh they don't! That's what this class is about."
"Huh?"

"No Pearl, you don't have to get it for me. You can just say no! Say it with me! No!"

"N-No!"

"That's perfect! Now go get me my phone."
"No!"

Wolfie cheers for the pearl, causing the quartz to become confused, "Is that-"

"Red diamond? Mhm. It's better that she teaches these gems about being independent! She has a view from both the diamond and the servant due to her own life. I suggest you take her class, I think it'd help you figure out the whole servant system thing."

He waves to Wolfie, "Hey! I've got you a new student!" Wolfie smiles and walks over, "Hello! It's lovely to meet-"

The quartz quickly bows, "It's an honour to meet you, red diamond!"

Wolfie smiles and tilts the quartz' head up to look at her, "No need for formalities now, my name is Wolfie. I'm your equal." The quartz makes a puzzled face, causing Wolfie to sigh and smile, "We'll discuss it in my next class, don't worry. I'm off for the day steven, you hungry? Amethyst and me were gonna go out to lunch."

He smiles and nods, "Yeah, I could go for some food. Let's go." He calls amethyst who quickly followed after them at the mention of food.

The three bought some food, found a bench and got to chatting. The conversation started out light hearted but Steven quickly shifted it to his one failed student, jasper.

Wolfie frowns, "Oh come on now Steven, you're still hung up on that? You know she's probabaly happier the way she's living right now."
Steven shakes his head, "I don't know, I just feel like she's still suffering. I know it's not my fault but..My mom caused alot of damage and I wanna fix it all. I wanna help her, Y'know?"

Amethyst tales a long sip from her drink and sighs, "I think you should stop taking it as your job to fix people. It's up to them to put in the effort too y'know, not just you."

Steven shrugs, "I guess. I just-"
Wolfie chuckles, "Okay Steven, we get it. You need to fix it. One more try okay? If she agrees, I'll take her into my class and teach her all about no one belonging to anyone."

He smiles and nods, "Thanks Wolfie..c'mon, I'll show you to way to where she lives."

The two head out to the woods, going towards a part with dead grass and rocks piled on each-other. Wolfie smiles nervously, "Wow, she really put her own personal touch on the place."

Steven was about to respond when he was interrupted by a shout, "Hold it!" It was none other than jasper. She groans at the sight of him, "What do you want?

He sighs and shouts up, "I just want to talk!" She pauses before hopping down. Wolfie steps out from behind steven, "Good afternoon Jasper, it's been-"

Jasper rolls her eyes, "What are you here for?"

Steven smiles, "Just wanted to check in." Silence fills the space for a second before he speaks again, "Soo..how have you been? 

Jasper looks down at him and rolls her eyes, "If that's all your here for, then leave." She turns her back to Steven but he continues to talk, "I like what you've done with the place but...what happened to all the grass?"

"That green earth creature? I tore it all up, it was in my territory." She scoffs. Wolfie looks to Steven, concerned that jasper may be a lost cause. 

-we're gonna skip past jasper and Steven's fight cause I'm no good at fight scenes!-

After the two had stopped and Steven had taken his leave to go see amethyst, Wolfie stays behind, "Jasper, may I speak to you for a minute?"

Jasper stays silent, she never had any idea how to address Wolfie. She refused to use the childish name she had been using, but she didn't respect her as a diamond either since she had worked with the crystal gems.

Wolfie sighs at her silence and walks toward her, "I know this offer isn't going to be taking seriously but..I would like to invite you to take part in my classes. I wanna teach you how to get over your reliance on the diamonds."

Jasper glares at her, "A diamond telling people to not do what she commands huh? Sounds pretty dumb." Wolfie chuckles, "I get that a lot. Currently I'm focusing on helping a lot of pearl's learn independence, but if you aren't comfortable sharing a class, I can always make time to have one on one classes out here with you."

"And do you really expect me to say yes?" Jasper rolls her eyes at the idea. Wolfie shrugs, "The offer is on the table. I know I was never your diamond, and I know that I'm hardly someone to respect and learn from but..I'd like to get a chance to help you. So how about this, I'll come and see you tomorrow and we can discuss the idea of classes? You don't have to agree to anything, but I would like to hear your opinion on my lessons."

"My opinion?" Jasper quirks an eyebrow. Wolfie nods, "Of course, I'd love to hear it. I'll leave you to think it over." She smiles and goes to take her leave.

Jasper huffs, "Alright, Red Diamond." Wolfie turns to her one last time before she goes, "Feel free to call me Wolfie, or at least Red." She chuckles, walking back off into the woods to find her way back to town. She would most likely get lost on the way.