chapter five

"we ignore truths for temporary happiness"                               〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️

〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️

"No way, halloween is way better." Y/N argued, her and Peter were sitting at the kitchen table eating food.

"But Christmas you get alot of presents and stuff, Halloween you just walk around and get cheap candy."

"But you also get to dress up!" she argued back.

"So? Christmas is better."

"Is not"

"Is too"

"Isnt"

"Is"

She rolled her eyes as they switched the topics, unaware of Natashas and Clints eyes staring at them.

"They'd be cute together." Natasha whispered.

"Yeah not gonna lie." Clint agreed. Unbeknownst to them, Peter heard them with his super hearing, and blushed.

He turned around shooting them a look, making them try not to laugh.

"Aunt Tasha!" Y/N yelled happily as she embraced her in a hug, she hadnt seen Natasha in a while because her and Tony were in the lab trying to find the new location of a HYDRA base.

Natasha laughed as she hugged Y/N. "Hey sweetheart. what're you and Peter working on?" She asked, noticing the papers on one side of the table.

"we were doing homework, but then we got hungry." Peter answered.

"Make sure you get it completed." Clint said as him and Natasha left the room.

Peter decided not to say anything about what they said about him and Y/N, he wanted to avoid it being awkward.

About an hour later, and many many distractions, they had finished their homework and were now sitting on the couch talking.

"your birthday is soon, right? the 21st i think?" Peter said, taking a bite of a cookie.

"Yea, I dont know what I want to do to celebrate though, probably just us going to dinner or something stupid."

"A-As an early sort of birthday present do you want to come to my house Friday? Y-You can come meet May and have dinner over at my house."

"Awe Pete, Of course I want to! thats so nice. does May even want to meet me though?" Y/N asked, worried May wouldnt want to see her.

"of course she does, i-i tell her alot about you a-and she wants to meet you." He said, his hands fidgeting.

"Then I would love too." Y/N said, smiling.

He smiled, as they stood up and brought their lunch dishes to the sink.

"Im bored, do you wanna see if Ned and Mj wanna hang out?" Y/N asked

"Sure but, where should we go?" He asked, picking up his phone.

"We could go to the nearby arcade if you want too." He suggested.

"Oooh yeah, ask Ned and MJ." She said smiling.

A few phone calls later they all arranged to meet at a party someone was hosting.

"Damn this party sucks." MJ said, holding a drink, which was just sprite.

"Yeah but, its free food and stuff so im fine." Peter said, Y/N and Ned smirked, knowing that Peter being spider man mad his metabolism really fast. Making him constantly hungry.

"Hey you guys wanna leave and find something to eat? I think theres pizza joint nearby ." Y/N suggested, feeling an eerie and uncomfortable vibe from this party.

"Why? we just got here." Peter asked. Y/N gave him puppy eyes and a look of fear, as if too tell him she felt something was wrong.

And oh, was she right.