chapter eight

it always rains hardest on people                          who deserve the sun"

who deserve the sun"

       〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️

Peter: Y/N when are you heading over?? me and May are excited to see you :]

Me:leaving now

I sent the message as I grabbed my phone, tucking it into the pocket of my jeans, walking out the door to see dad waiting for me.

"finally, let hit the road." he said, as we walked into the elevator

"You're just like your mother." He said, patting my shoulder.

"Meaning?"

"You take so long to get ready." he said chuckling.

"Hey!" I said, slapping his shoulder, "Ive never met her! i need to make a good impression!"

"If she really wants to meet you, she wont care about what you look like sweetheart." he said, as we walked out into the car.

"Y-Yeah but i still wanna look nice."

"for who?"

Silence filled the car.

"exactly, you shouldn't be dressing to fill someone else's expectations, you should be dressing for yourself."

'i was gonna say 'peter' but go off' i said in my head.

"thats pretty solid advice. thanks,"

[3rd]

They arrived to Peters apartment, Tony not driving away until Y/N was safely inside Peters apartment

"Hello Y/N! Im May! its nice to finally meet you!" May said, engulfing Y/N in a hug.

"Its nice to meet you, Peters told me alot, especially about how nice you are." Y/N said smiling.

"Well thats good, His room is in the hallway and to the right if you want to hang out with him while I finish dinner." She said smiling.

Y/N walked down,smiling at the pictures of Peter, pulling out her phone and taking pictures of a few of of them of him as a child, before going to a room, assuming it was Peters, she knocked.

hearing shuffling, she was met with the brown haired boy, she smiled as she walked into his room.

"Hows May? did she embarrass me?" He asked, fidgeting his hands.

"Shes very sweet,I definitely enjoyed taking pictures of the photos of you in the hallway, blackmail pending." Y/N laughing.

"Y/NNNNNN! Thats not funny!!" he exclaimed, covering his face as his cheeks turned a dusty red.

"But you as a baby is soooo cuteeee." She said, cooing at the photos on her phone.

"Im fine with you looking at them but whyd you have to take pictures?" he complained.

"Im sending these to Sam!" she taunted, he grabbed her phone, holding it above her reach.

"Hey!! give it back!" she whined.

she jumped up, but its obvious she wouldn't be able to get it.

"Please?"

"Do not show them to anyone."

she huffed. "fine."

he reluctantly handed it back, and right in that moment, May called them down to eat.

(timeskip, dinner scenes are boring and i see no point in useless dialogue.)

Y/N and Peter were up in Peters room as they waited for Tony to arrive.

"Hows your foot?"

"Luckily, my powers sped up the healing process, so not too bad." She said smiling.

There was an awkward silence, they both knew it lingered in the air.

"So Y/N" He began, feelings a blush already rise to his cheeks.

"Hm?"

"So, wow this is a lot harder then I expected. Okay so, basically, I have something to tell you its kind of important but I dont want you to be mad at me and-"

"Spit it out Peter" Y/N said laughing.

"I-I kinda have a crush on you? I didnt meet you completely until a few months ago, but im glad I did, your really n-nice and y-your funny, i think you're great and a really g-good person. i-i its okay if you dont feel the same way-"

"Who said I didnt?"

"Wait what, you like me back?"

"Y-Yeah."

Right then, Y/Ns phone went off.

"Yes dad, mhm, mhm ill be outside in a second hold on."

She hung up the phone, "sorry about that, but as I was saying, wow this is really hard to admit, i do like you."

"D-Do you wanna go to homecoming with me? i-its December 5th."

"Sure." She said smiling.

"See you Spidey."

"See you Y/N..."