the hot-headed boy and the odd girl

A year has passed ever since y/n retiring from being a soldier.

The Survey Corps were about to take off to Marley and y/n would have to wave her boyfriend and her old comrades goodbye.

There stood Commander Hanji and squad Levi. There was other commotion going on and y/n took this chance to see her boyfriend.

Y/n has also noticed that a change in his personality changed ever since regaining Wall Maria. Although it bothered her a lot, she shrugged it off thinking maybe because he found out the true secrets of the world weren't as beautiful as he thought it would be.

"Eren."

Eren woke up from his thoughts to turn his attention to his love. There she was in a pastel yellow dress smiling at him. He couldn't help but smile a little as well because once again, she looks beautiful. Y/n walked over to him and gave him a hug which he melted into.

"You look beautiful." Eren smiled slightly with a groggy and tired tone in his voice. They stood there holding each other feeling their warmth combined together and wrap them up in a warm blanket.

After a moment they pulled out of the embrace and gave each other a peck on the lips, "Be safe." y/n tired smiles at him.

"I will."

The next thing y/n knew was she was watching the blimp fly into the sky. The beautiful eight-teen year old watches as the blimp gets smaller and smaller before deciding to leave.

'please come back, Eren.'

Eren's smile disappears once he's away from y/n on the blimp. He knows what he has to do next and he hates it but he is doing it for his friends. Doing it for y/n. He remembers your words.

"I don't want to fight anymore, because all my life I've been fighting."

It rings through his head. He swears that even if he has to kill himself, he would make those words of y/n's come true.

*Flashback*

Y/n walks up a hill. Her dirty white dress gown that had spots of dirt and green-ness from grass was all over it. It could practically not be considered white. Her feet were even dirtier considering she always walks around bare-foot. But her big doe eyes still looked as bright as ever.

Y/n has no home. No allies. No parents. No friends. She doesn't know why. She has been alone her whole life. People would often look at her in disgust or pity her. But at the end of the day, she didn't care what you would do or thought of her. She was just the ruler of her own world. No one could tell her what to do. It wasn't like she was rebellious or anything, she just goes with the flow - a kind-hearted soul with the most precious face and personality.

She gets to the top of the hill and in the middle of it was a tree. She puts her hand on the wood and feels it's texture. She looks and sees a trunk that could hold her so she climbs on it. She gets on the trunk and straddles it as she looks out in the plains and farming villages. She hears wrestling on her right and looks to see a boy with brown hair and tan skin. She then lays on the tree - still straddling it - and lays her head in her arms which were crossing on the branch as she stares at the sleeping boy.

He was around her age so she was curious to see if she could make a new friend. His eyes suddenly widened and he was awake. But the moment he opened his eyes, y/n was captivated by the colors. She couldn't tell if it was green, blue, green-blue, or emerald. She decided turquoise was the right answer for now. She stood up from her laying/straddle position from the tree and then put both legs over the trunk and flipped over, upside down.

"Ah!"

The beautifully-eyed boy flinched and yelled a little at seeing a girl upside down watching him wake up.

"W-What are you doing, watching me sleep?! Go away, freak!" the boy yelled with a vicious glare but y/n only stared at him with big doe eyes with a soft expression. "What are you doing? Go away! It's creepy to watch people sleep!"

"Eren!"

Y/n turns her head to see a girl with black hair and pale skin walk up the grassy hill.

'So your name is Eren...' she thought to herself.

Y/n got down from her tree position and went on the ground, wiggling her toes because she likes the feeling of the grass on her feet.

"Eren, what's is wrong?" the black haired girl asks and Eren immediately remembered the odd girl was there and glared at her. The black haired girl furrowed her eyebrows a little bit but looked at her plainly.

"Her! She was watching me sleep!" Eren pointed with a glare lasering at y/n. But y/n only cocked her head to the side and putted her lips.

"Hm?" she made a sound.

Eren's glare soften just by a tad but his eyes widened a little by startlement. Y/n stared at him with her precious big eyes and soft face before she skipped off away from them. Eren watched her figure as she marched up in down with her h/l h/c bouncy up and down as well. She got to the edge of the top of the hill. She then laid down on the grass and rolled down the hill while giggling and laughing - getting her dress even more dirty.

"Come on, Eren. Let's go." the black haired girl says and Eren does as she says and follows her.

Eren rethinks about the first time he met y/n. How she was an odd girl and he was a hot-headed boy. A young naive little boy.

Even back then... I still didn't deserve you... and I probably still don't deserve you.

He cocked the gun and pulled the trigger. The bullet going straight into his eye.

Although I will always love you... look away. Because all that there is to see is the blood of innocent people on me.

He grabs a blade big enough to cut off full limbs. He takes one and cuts of his knee and below.

There you are... in the sunlight looking gorgeous. Any man would be drawn to you...

He places the bandages over the hurt limbs and sighs.

But here I am. Just a man who will someday, murder them all.

A/n: I'm so sorry!!! it suppose to be a boat they traveled on so just pretend that I said boat instead of blimp haha