tree

the rumbling has succeeded.

eren managed to wipe out everyone in the entire world that wasn't from paradis. not only did he kill nations and lands, he killed his friends. their crushed bodies were somewhere beneath the giant feet of the colossal titans that were now back in their place at the walls of paradis.

with levi killing zeke, eren's memories were correct. the power of the beast titan transferred to historia's child. using the power of the war hammer titan, he in crystalized himself and touched historia's child to reactivate the rumbling after the alliance thought they stopped it.

and low, there was eren, sitting at a tree somewhere is wall maria. the sun was just perfectly at sunset and the wind blew his long hair. he did kill everyone outside the walls... except for one.

you.

he knew what was about to happen and he has excepted it already. your figure started walking up the hill slowly as titan blood steamed off of you.

eren doesn't dare to look up in humiliation as you hovered over him, looking down at him.

"you killed them all, eren. are you happy now? is this the freedom you wanted?" you ask breaking the silence. eren stays silent for awhile.

"...there was no other option. I couldn't decide on breeding like livestock or committing mass genocide. in the other reality, I chose breeding like livestock and the cycle of hatred still happened." eren answered.

"other reality...? what do you mean?" you asked.

"then I made a reality where you didn't existed because I didn't think you deserved to be in such a cruel world and chose genocide. but the alliance stopped me. that was the last time I saw mikasa. she has always loved me... so I created a reality where she didn't... and I used you to love me... only to realize that... I might feel the same way." eren explains and from his sentence made your heart sting a bit.

"...so this time, I chose to succeed the rumbling. I created this reality because this is what I desire. but one thing that is true... I will die in each reality I create... that is something I cannot change... so do it now." eren said and you were shocked as he knew what you really came to him for. "do it, y/n... kill me." eren said.

eren sat in silence as you stood. after a moment, you drew your blade and bent down in front of him. you and eren stare into each other's eyes as your blade was at his neck. you leaned in and gave him one last passionate and loving kiss before pushing your blade and decapitating him.

you stood up and looked down at his headless body sitting on the tree. you go to sit at the tree branch near by and straddle it as you watch the sunset. you closed your eyes and everything went black.

-

you open your eyes and look down below you on the trunk and there you see a boy around your age sleeping on the tree. you swing your legs over the trunk and look at him upside down.

"eren!" a girl with a red scarf and black hair called out. the said girl goes to the boy and wakes him up.

the boy gasps as he wakes up. "mikasa...?" eren asked. he looked at you who was swinging upside down from the trees trunk. "y/n? what're you doing here. let's go." eren says mumbling.

"eren... why are you crying?" you ask.

eren put a hand to his cheek then to his lips. "I don't know..."