Chapter 6

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
4:37pm
Wyndon Stadium

"W-what is this..?" Leon stammered at the scene of the crime. It looked liked something straight out of a horror movie.

"This is no time to be dawdling, we have to get them to a hospital!" Raihan huffed, lifting up Rose on his shoulders.

Sending out Flygon, they could carry more people and Leon did the same with his Charizard. Police showed up in front of the stadium, journalists, news agencies, everyone was there.

"Charizard, could you carry 2 people? Maybe even hold another one?" Leon said to his fiery friend.

Charizard nodded, carrying Leon and Milo while holding Raihan. It was an emergency. As soon as they arrived at the hospital, they went back to Wyndon, barging through the crowd to try to get into the stadium. Authorities, police, you name it, were investigating the scene.

"Wh.. where did the others go?" Raihan cried.

"They've been sent off to a hospital, we don't know what's going to happen to them," the chief policeman told them.

On this special occasion, Leon was the one to comfort Raihan, holding his hand to his lips and gently kissing them.

"Raihan.. we have to go back home, now," Leon pleaded with a cold look in his eyes.

"Why so suddenl-" Raihan asked before being pulled by Leon.

"Charizard, let's go. Fly as fast as you can back home," he commanded with a tinge of fear in his voice.

With the wind blowing into their faces, Raihan realised how bloody he was. He stank and wasn't regretting going home to catch a breather and refresh himself. Until what Leon told him.

"We're being targeted Raihan. Not something or someone weak like Marnie's fans. Something much bigger,"

"Like what?"

"Corrupted pokémon,"

———————————————————————

5:12am
Leon's House
The day after the incident

"Don't leave," Leon begged as Raihan stepped out of the bed.

"Leon.. I promise i'll be fine. Flygon has got me covered!" Raihan chuckled, planning to go visit the gym leaders.

"One more kiss?"
"Fine"

Raihan plopped a soft kiss onto Leon's head, satisfying what Leon asked for. He put on his clothes and stepped out the door.

Leon sat alone in his bed, longing for that door to reopen, with a bright, cheery ball of sunshine to appear right out of it.

Corrupted pokémon caused many things. Like what? The great plague of Budew, Poison Pollution, and the worst, many deaths from people who loved pokémon.

How did this work? A little parasite can latch onto pokémon and turn their backs on their owners. There has been no cure for it and it is overly transmissible, meaning once it's out, it's very hard to eradicate without some losses.

Yet, it is fairly rare, that is why many people don't worry about it. Once there's an outbreak, streets become barren, shops close and facilities shut down. Infected pokémon start violently attacking owners or wrecking chaos in the streets.

Once a pokémon is corrupted, you can only put it down.

"Isn't that right, Huji?" Leon said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N
Hey hey! Sorry for being dead, i've had no motivation for this for a YEAR! Don't expect regular updates but it's thanks to your comments that i'm back! I'm sorry if the story becomes confusing because i haven't been catching up on my pokémon news. Until next time, have a great day! <3

Stay cute!