Chapter 3

____________________________

11:28am
My house, Postwick

Bede finally came! I'm so excited. Since Victor is new to our game, Bede and I have to really teach Victor our game.

The trio start to boot up the PokeBOX.

"What game do you want after Helioptle Hush?," I ask Victor.

"Oooh! I love playing SplaInkey!" Victor said enthusiastically .

To be fair, I wasn't a big fan of the game, but Bede seemed to like the sound of it, so I said, "But first, let's teach you how to play HH. (Helioptle Hush).

"Ok, first, you select your character, which you will HAVE to select a water Pokémon. Then, you use attacks you have. Ususally water gun at level 1-20, surf or water pulse at 21-40, and scald at level 50. You get a mystic water at max level 100!" I explained to Victor.

"You also start with only the pre-evolutions! You earn their evolutions by leveling them up.." Bede says trying not to brag.

"What do you mean, "or" Hop?" He asked.

"Oh so, when you level up to the correct level, you get a choice of one of the moves!" Bede replies swiftly.

"Then, we all fight a Helioptle! A dynamaxed one! It's signature move in this game is Rest, so it sleeps a lot, and heals too. It mostly sleeps but if it wakes up, we lose," I said like a professional.

"Then how does IT attack?" Victor asked, perplexed.

"It attacks when it's health goes under 1/3. But that doesn't count of you waking it up, so you don't lose"

"Luckily, the only attacks it knows are thunder and thunder shock," Bede budges in.

"Thunder?! That's a really damaging move!"

"Well, in this game, the chance of it using thunder is 10% and plus, it has low accuracy,"

"I think I get the gist of it!" Victor says.

We look at all the water type Pokémon options for a few minutes. Of course, there weren't any legendaries we could choose. You only get them by maxing out the levels of all the Pokémon. Which, would be tough.

Bede chooses a Gyrados he earned form the last time we played.

Victor chooses a Gigantamax Lapras from a little figurine Gloria had, but let him use it for the trip. He scanned the figurine and now he had the option of Gigantamax Lapras.

I choose a Wooper, the first time I've used one.

We picked up our controllers and press start.

Helioptle used Rest!

Wooper uses water gun!
It's not very effective..

Gyrados uses calm mind..

The trio play for a couple HOURS. None of them notice Hop's mum calling them downstairs.

"Dearie! Come eat your breakfast before it gets cold!" She called at then loudly. "Actually, it's already cold.."

Hop checked the time and it was 3:38pm! He looked up on the PokeBOX and saw that Bede was about to wipe out the Helioptile, then..

*boop*

Hop turns off the console and tells them, "we gotta go eat guys,".

"D-dude! I was just about to kill the Helioptle! Plus my Gyrados was maxed out!" Bede says with anger in his voice. "What's wrong with you?!"

I felt.. ashamed. Whatever.. it's just a game.

I glance over to Victor, "I-I-I..", I struggle to speak as Bede's words poke me like a knife.

I start to tear up, no no no no no! I can't cry like this. I always knew I was a crybaby. Even Bede himself said so when..

The flashbacks hit me hard, but I pull back the tears, and walk downstairs

The flashbacks hit me hard, but I pull back the tears, and walk downstairs. Victor trails behind but Bede stays in my room.

We eat our cold food, and Bede walks out the door.

"W-where are you going.. Bede?" I ask nervously.

"Where you aren't,"

That's when it really hit me.

I had already finished my food, so I run upstairs and flip onto my bed. Balling my eyes out.

No! I can't be crying just because of a game. Bede is just short-tempered. Yeah, that's it. He's just mad. I hope..
______________________________

Back to Leon's POV

"Raihan.. I'm pretty bored, what's up in the gym?"

"Rose said that the gyms will have to be closed, because all the gym leaders will have to have a meeting tomorrow," he sighed. "You wanna come?"

"I can?"

"Well, yeah. As a champion, yes,"

"Ah, okay. What's the meeting gonna be about?" I ask.

"Well, discussing our parties, challengers, and we'll.. our uh.. badge design," he said semi-mumbling.

Raihan looks at his rotom phone. He needed to go back to the gym. Victor and Raihan both take a flying taxi, going their seperate ways.

What an eventful day. Is that Hop.. crying?

"Hop.." I begin.

"Lee! Bede's moving out do Galar! I-I.. we had an argument.. I-I-I just.. turned off the c-console. H-h-.." He cries.

"Hop, it's gonna be okay. When's he taking off?" I say, trying to calm him down.

"H-h-h-h.. tomorrow.. h-he hates me! H-h.. he just.." Hop couldn't finish as his tears fill up his face.

"Shhh.. we will figure this out tomorrow," I say, Hop calms down "we need to rest, come on Hopscotch,"

"R-right.."

__________________________

Hey! This took quite a long time with 900+ words. Hope you enjoyed.

Stay cute!!