Chapter 2

7:34pm
Hop's House, Postwick

It's been a long time since I've eaten my mum's cooking. I forgot how much I loved it. I think Raihan likes it too. Isn't his favourite curry bone curry? That's what my mum made.

"Man, this is the best thing I've eaten since I've visited my parents!" Raihan said at the dinner table.

"Thank you dearie!" My mum thanked.

Ugh.. I'm stuffed. I think I don't have room for dessert. I wonder who else Hop invited. He said he had a special guest arriving tomorrow. Gloria? No that's not right, Gloria is in Alohla having a little vacation. Who else? Definitely not the gym leaders.. they have gyms to take care of and challengers to challenge.

Then it hit me.

"Raihan! What about your gym?!" I ask suddenly, shocking the whole table.

"OH MY GOD! I FORGOT!" Raihan exclaims as he finishes his curry.

"Thanks for the reminder..!" He says as he runs out the door.

"Leeee! Didn't you hear?"

"Hear what, Hop?" I ask.

Hop points to the TV across the room, the channel was PokeNEWS. The man on the channel said that the Hammerlocke gym was being guarded by Oleana. But no one was allowed to fight it until Raihan came back.

"Raihan could've just taken a day off!" Hop said. I felt stupid, Raihan could've stayed! I shook the thought away.

"It's a gym leaders' responsibility to look after their gym, Hop. You know that," I reply.

"Whatever.." Hop says with a big frown on his face. "It's okay, nobody else left." Victor said trying to comfort Hop.

Why is Hop so upset? It's just Raihan. I've never seen him so.. WEIRD like this! Eh.. I'm going on PokeTube.

"I'm going to my room Mum!" I say, cleaning up my mouth.

"Ok sweetie, you want dessert? It's Appletun flavoured!"

"No thanks, I'm full!"

I've always found it weird that people just.. take Appletun's.. skin (?) away to eat. Then again.. sure was tasty. Mum's' Appletun sure is a trooper. At least they regrow it. Come to think of it, didn't Raihan always want a Flapple on his team? It's a dragon type so.. maybe if I catch an Applin and evolve it, I could give him one. Yeah! When Hop's special guest arrives tomorrow, I'm gonna go catch the Applin a bit later.

I check PokeTube, looking at all the Gym Leaders' videos.

Woah.. since when did Nessa have a relationship? This video is called.. "Partner Reveal!". I wonder who she hit up with.

I click on the video and was just skipping thru to the part where she said her partner.

Sonia?! Wow, I wonder what's going down with them.. time to look at the comments.

————————————————————————

POKETUBE