Ch-5 | Finn William

Thankfully Ryan had already been holding her arm which kept her from falling down abruptly and badly.

"What the hell were you thinking, you were doing?" Ryan scolded as he pulled her up with a jerk and her body pressed against his. Evelyn gasped and breathed heavily, "I-I was trying to trace their location-" she whispered, shakily. "Have you done that earlier?" Charlie asked, frightenedly. "I'm not sure," she replied, "I thought maybe I could do it."

"Evelyn, you know it, already, that these powers drain you a lot and, we are in such a condition, right now, that it can be very difficult, if you-" Ryan paused and stared at Evelyn with golden brown eyes which were now very dark with hiding a lot of fear.

He shook his head and he said, with a stern expression, "No, now, until we reach your home, you will not use the powers." Evelyn heaved a sigh and said, "I'll try."

"So now-" Charlie said thoughtfully, "I think we should find a place to sleep, and we will start tomorrow morning."

"No, we can't sleep!" Evelyn said quickly and firmly. "We will start right now. We have to reach my home in the least possible time." Charlie pouted angrily and sighed, "Fine!"

"But where and by what? If you guys say, I'll borrow my uncle's car. He lives nearby," Ryan said.

"Well, sure, we can, but he should not get to know anything more than, that we're just going for a long drive at night. By the way, will he really scold us for sneaking out of the school?" Evelyn said in a low voice.

"No, he doesn't actually care. He's my dad's cousin's husband, so not a close relation. I'll just say that we will return the car as soon as possible," Ryan said with a smirk. "Okay, so first, let's go to your uncle's place. You borrow the car and then we will be on our way to my home."

"Alright, let's go. His apartment is on the street, which is just after a couple of streets from here."

They collected the bags and stuff and started walking together. The nearer and nearer they approached towards Ryan's uncle's apartment, the more Evelyn was feeling nervous, and perplexed. When Ryan showed them the apartment from a distance, Evelyn had an unexplained feeling of restlessness.

"Ryan, just take the keys and come downstairs. Don't be there for long. You getting?" Evelyn said neurotically.

"Sure, by the way, what's the reason behind your perplexity?" Ryan enquired.

"I have no idea. Anyways, now go fast and come fast," Evelyn said, though firmly but Ryan knew, she was really anxious. Still, Ryan nodded and set off to go.

1:45 AM, Mr. William's apartment

Ryan exhaled heavily, thinking about Evelyn, he rang the doorbell once. He glanced towards the left of the gate, where he saw the nameplate, which was covered with a film of dust. Ryan doubted if his uncle had gone for a vacation somewhere, but he shook the ideas side and rang the bell again. Still, there was no response. He rang it for the third, fourth, and fifth time.

'Stupid uncle must have gone to f*ck around,' Ryan thought and sighed. He was about to go away when he heard some noise coming from inside the house. He leaned forward with knitted brows and tried to listen the uncanny sound. Just then he heard the creaking sound of door opening. He jumped back at once and what he saw across the other side of the gate made him breathless and his heart stopped at the crucial moment.

"Hey, please don't scream, I'll kill you if you do. Ouch! See I-I have not much time left now. Come inside and zip your mouth."

A middle-aged man half lying on the floor in blood, whispered as he pressed his hand against his wound on his left thigh. He unlocked the gate and staggered, but Ryan held him up. Ryan was in total shock. He had unshed tears in his golden-brown eyes, which were now very dark. He seated his uncle in a sofa carefully and stood straight in front of him. He wanted to ask a million questions, but it felt as if Ryan had forgotten how to speak. He opened his mouth, frowned and then suppressed his lips as he gulped down his throat.

Looking at Ryan's clothes, which were also stained with blood now, Mr. Williams said, "Thanks for helping me. I can't go out. I can't go to hospital. And, I am supposed to die now. I know, I'm not your close uncle, but still, please do the needful after my death. I'll probably die within a day, I suppose-" he paused and smiled slightly by looking into Ryan's face.

Ryan felt his cheeks warming up as a hot lump rose in his throat. He felt so angry that tears started trickling down his flushed cheeks. He clenched his jaw and with his trembling hands, he pressed Uncle Finn's mouth tightly.

"You-will-not-die!!" Ryan almost shrieked with emphasis on his every word and hiding a lot of pain in his shaking voice. "You-you just tell me, who the bloody damned fool, did this to you. I shall cut his throat and and-and-" Ryan stammered and gasped for breath as tears showered from his eyes onto his uncle's wound.

"Oww-Ouch, oh God, it freaking hurts a lot!! Your salty tears are very harsh, Ryan. Do you want to give me more pain?" His uncle groaned, frowning and looked into Ryan's face. Upon hearing this Ryan's stern expression full of anger and resentment melted away, he grew sad and worried and looked away. "I-I was very furious, Uncle F-Finn. I'll-I'll clean your wound, wait."

Ryan got a medium size red box, out of which he took out cotton, antiseptic liquid and cloth bandage. He cleaned the wound and bandaged the wounded thigh. After treating his wound, Ryan gave him a glass of water and he seated himself on another sofa. While Ryan was sitting, his phone rang. He pulled out his phone and saw it was Evelyn, who was calling. He answered her, "Hello, actually I got here, and- and I rang the bell, but, uh, well Uncle Finn, he-he was-"

"Hey, come quickly, you don't know what we figured out!"

"Uh, what? Is everything fine?"

"No, it isn't. We just spotted my uncle, Bill Mander coming out of the building in which you went in. He was in a grave mood, you know. I'm really suspicious and scared. Where are you?"

"Bill Mander? But-" Ryan's hand started trembling. He looked up into Uncle Finn's face, and found him nodding gravely. Ryan grew extremely frightened and furious and his eyes turned red.

"Yes, Bill Mander. Ryan, you okay? Is your uncle fine? And, listen we are following him. I guess, he came by car. You grab the keys and come fast. I don't wish to lose him." Evelyn said (on phone).

Ryan was going to explode with anger and resentment, but he calmed himself and replied in the best voice he could.

"He-he is wounded on his left thigh. Uh, that damned fool, Bill shot him in his thigh."

"What? No, no-this shouldn't happen, oh god! This is pathetic, literally. Is the wound really very deep?" Evelyn said petrified.

"Actually, we have to take him to a hospital. You please don't get afraid; Uncle Finn will recover and he has to. I'll take him to hospital and you and Charlie can go after that freaking bloody scoundrel. I'm sorry Evelyn, I know he is your uncle-"

"Oh, leave it to me, Ryan. I will definitely make sure he gets blown off with my own hands, and he is only my prey. You don't have to think he is my uncle. By the way, do your uncle possess an extra car, bike or anything would be fine."

"Yeah, he has two cars. I'm coming with the keys, wait."

"Okay, great. When your uncle is admitted in the hospital, do call me back."

"Alright," and Ryan hanged up the call and stared on his uncle's lowered face.

* * * * * * 

Why and how do you think Finn got hurt?

What do you think Bill was doing at Ryan's Uncle's apartment?

Do share your views/suggestions/thoughts and your feedback is highly appreciated!

If you liked this chapter, then do consider giving it a vote.

Wishing you all a happy reading!😀