°•.Chapter three

how y'all doing, good I hope if not just mutter beep boop to yourself until you laugh.

P.s Your home town [Y/H/T] enjoy
______________

To say that was y/n was in shock would be an understatement, finally. she knows what her mother looks like, Her eyes looked over the picture, already knowing what day it was, "This was their wedding day, right?"

"Yes, it was. would you like to know more?" She nodded excitedly as jasmine slid the book off of her lap moving it closer to her niece's legs and guided her finger to the photo.

"It was a beautiful day, your mother looked stunning and nervous," Jasmine said straightening her shirt, the dim lighting from the lamp made her silk lilac pajama shirt a deep give off a glowing effect.

"She was, Why?"

"Well dear, a lot of planning goes into a wedding and people are afraid that something bad could happen, She kept telling me that she was going to Vomit and then when it was time for her to go she failed to change out of her slippers."

She chuckles, enjoying the almost forgotten memory.

"How did she find out, Did she hit her toe or something?" Y/n asked.

"No, no no," Jasmine giggled, "We were leaving the dressing room when her eyes got big, she immediately got her shoes on and then went down the aisle."

They burst into a fit of laughter, a few minutes past and they had calm down by now, y/n spoke up again,

"Auntie, can i ask you something?"

"Of course you can, what's wrong."

"Nothing, I just wanted to know why did we live in [Y/S] and then moved back here?"

"Because we wanted you to be closer to family dear."

"Oh, well then. I understand auntie."
______________

Jasmine didn't know exactly how long they've been talking for, just that her back was starting to hurt from sitting up too long. she looked up at the clock that hung on the doorway

11 PM.

"Come on," Jasmine says after glancing at it, they've been discussing y/n's mom for hours and hours, as jasmine got up from the couch she turns to y/n, smiling. "it's time for you to hit the hay."

Y/n knew better than to argue with her auntie, so she got up from the chair to upstairs.

After one step, she hears from the living room, "And don't forget to come back down to say good night as you did before!"

"Got it!"

Jasmine went back to the kitchen and sat the plates in the sink, a pair of arms slowly wrap themselves around her waist. "How did it go with y/n?"

"Just wonderful, we spoke about mom and other things,"

Derrek sat his head in the crook of her neck, enjoying the warmth from his partner, holding her in his arms he asks, "What did y'all talk about,"

"Their wedding," jasmine sighed, taking a glass and filling with water, "our family history, and a little bit of magic."

"If you don't mind me asking, did you explain to her how her parents...went?"

Jasmine turns around with glossy eyes, her bottom lip shook as the tears began to fall, "Jasmine,"

"I couldn't, I tried so hard but I couldn't form the words I-" she babbling got cut off by Derrek taking her in his arms.

She never liked talking about the subject of death, let alone how Florence died, It hurt her so deeply that it made her physically sick to even think about that and she didn't want the pain to spread to y/n.

Derrek rubbed his hand up and down jasmine's back, trying to console her as her body shook every sob,

"I shouldn't have brought it up, I'm sorry." He mutters, quietly cursed himself for opening his mouth.

Her sobbing slowly turned into quiet sniffling, she pulled away from him taking a seat at the table, Derrek shuffles to the counter taking a napkin wetting it with water, He gave it to her.

She wipes her bloodshot eyes, wincing at the burning sensation that was quickly chased away by the coolness of the towel, "Are you ok? Do you want anything,"

"I'm fine," she said, sitting it down, "I just... need a minute." The sound of the floorboards creaking became louder and louder the closer they got, y/n came in wearing her night clothes.

She went up to jasmine and gave her a tight hug saying, "Good night auntie, I love you." Jasmine hugged her back, after some time y/n pulled her to give Derek one too,

"I love you Derrek, good night."

"And I love you too, now go to bed you little ankle biter." he gently pats her towards the door, she leaves the kitchen and from the other room they hear,

"good night alfred, I love you."

Hoo~

(Will edit later on)