Chapter six

______
Time: 8:59

Today's the day... sweet Merlin's beard.

Jasmine thought as she rubbed her hands together anxiously.

Derrek was seated, watching his spouse stare blankly at the wall, Derrek leaves his mug on the table as he stood up. "Dear?" He whispered.

"Yes?"

"Would you like to sit down?"

"...yes, please." Derrek wrapped an arm around his wife, not knowing if she'd was going pass out or not. Guiding her to the table, Jasmine sat in a wooden chair, her mouth twitching as she made a mental note to replace the cushion.

"Why were you just standing there," Derrek asked walking to the sink, it squeaks as Derrek turned it on.

"Oh... I was thinking,"

"About?"

"How today she leaves, I mean. I'm happy That she got accepted! I just still... can't believe it." Jasmine mutters, her fingers playing with the black tablecloth that hung loosely.

He nods in agreement, putting the cup down. "I know but, we've been preparing for this she's going to be fine," Derrek reassured her calmly while rubbing soft circles on the top of her hand.

"I'm ready!" They looked at each other before entering their living room, seeing y/n struggling to bring down her suitcase Derrek took it sitting it down with ease.

"Alright before we go I would like to show you how to get the way your mother and I did," Jasmine says as she held up a finger, telling you to 'wait here' as she went over to the bookshelves.

After moving a few books, Jasmine pulls out something from a box, "Do you know what this is?" She asks, her eyes sparkled with excitement as walked back to her niece. y/n shook her head,

"No. But it looks like glitter,"

"Well. Yes but, it's not. This glittering powder lets wizards travel through a network of wizarding fireplaces and, our way there," she explained, holding up a small green sack.

"Derrek," he hummed, turning to his wife, "will you do me the honor of lighting it."

With a smile on his face, Derrek took out the box of matches as he shuffles to the fireplace, the scent of the freshly lit stick brought pleasant memories for Jasmine.

"Leave your luggage," Jasmine said as she went to get their coats, leaving y/n bewildered.

"Why do I have to leave my suitcase?"

"honey, we have to get your school supplies first," jasmine clarified, her voice was muffled by the thick coats in the closet that made it harder to hear. With y/n jacket in hand, jasmine came back in her cream-colored cloak.

"Now we must get going!" Her aunt stuck her hand into the bag, sprinkling a small amount of the powder in the fire.

The flames changed from their natural color to intense lime green, Jasmine took y/n's hand as they stood in the fireplace.

"Are you ready?" Jasmine asked, looking at y/n with concern.

Y/n nods gripping her aunt's hand, tightly. Jasmine straightens herself, pulling her shoulders back, "Derrek dear, Have a good day. I Love you." He blew her a kiss and said "Love you too." She took a deep breath and shouted,

"Diagon alley!"

They both disappeared in smoke and green flames, Derrek clapped his hands together and whispered, "Today is a great day." As he went back to his coffee.

________

______

___

_

"Oof!"

Pain seeped through her lower half as she dropped on the ground, "Y/n. y/n, Where are you?" Her aunt called out, hearing the panic raise in her voice she quickly responds "Over here."

Y/n saw her auntie Jasmine coming towards her with a sheepish look on her face, "I forgot to tell you that, you'll have to brace yourself before using floo powder, sorry." Jasmine explained helping y/n stand up.

"Don't worry It's okay, but if you mind me asking where are we- ow!" Y/n's words were cut off by a stinging pain shot through her head.

"Ah, headache?" She nodded, trying to relieve the pain away from her temples, "Yea.. next time I'll make sure to explain the consequences of using the powder, now. come along, We mustn't be late." Jasmine took her hand and began walking.

Y/n stared at her surroundings as they strolled past, noticing that the people weren't in normal clothes instead they were in cloaks and pointed hats. and the shops were different too, some had owls, Fabrics, While others had floating cauldrons and brooms.

"We're here, and on time too!" Jasmine said, clapping her hands together happily.

"Aunt jasmine, what is this place?"

Y/n asked, looking at the office in front of them, it was a tall and white building, with slanted pillars that were somehow holding it together.

"We're at Gringotts bank, the safest place to keep your money in this world."

Jasmine opened the door, allowing y/n through first, she stopped, looking at the room they were in Y/n thought of many ways to describe it but most "pretty" was the only word that came out of her mouth. Jasmine smiles drag her towards one of the desks.

"Name."

"Jasmine Redwood," he looks at them with a bored expression on his face,

"follow me."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
[Y/n's POV]

"Okay, so we've got your robes, gloves, winter coat, and the books. Now, what's- hold on," She lowers herself on a bench, "ahh, better. As I was saying, what's left on the list?"

Jasmine asked. After being very confused at the bank, auntie simply explained what Goblins was that somewhat helped me understand. For the first time, in a long time, it's has been fun getting my school supplies.

"Uhhh," I unfolded the paper and quickly scanned the list, "I still need a cauldron, a set of... vials? one telescope and a wand."

"... I will drop you off at where you need to go then I'll the cauldron, the vials, and the rest of your stuff, are you fine with that?" She asks, looking at me I nodded my head and we began walking.

After few minutes we finally stopped in front of a shop It had a fancy stick in the window that sat on a plum-colored pillow. "We're here... I'll be right down the street if need me, be good."

"I will," I answered, watching as she calmly walked away from me I turned to see the sign it read

'Ollivanders: Makers of Fine Wands since 382 B.C.' Stepping into the store The smell of books and wood made me smile, I walk up to the desk that was much taller than me and pressed the bell.

Ding~

"One moment, please!"

An older man in a suit walks out the back, his white hair was the first thing that I noticed. he stopped when he saw me with a smile on his mouth says,

"Hello, redwood."