𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 four

──────────────────────

───

"So that's why I have to go into work right now." Jasmine finished her story while standing in front of the mirror, her hands were holding up her hair.

To be honest, I don't know I'm surprised. This always happens around her birthday... god, I feel awful.

With a furrowed brow she looked over her shoulder, hands still in her Curls, "Have I been talking to myself this whole time?" She asks after hearing nothing for a minute.

No answer.

"I guess that answered my question, I should probably stop talking to myself and wake him up." Jasmine dropped her arms and moved over to Derrek's side of the bed, leaning in close she softly muttered, "Rise and shine it's a beautiful day."

But of course, Jasmine's words once again. went unheard by her husband who had rolled over on his back, burying himself in a dark emerald blanket.

"Wake up please," jasmine said as shaking him.

Nothing.

"Ok," she mutters, pressing her lips together, "Plan b." Jasmine ripped off the covers and sat her hands on his shoulders, his mouth twitched as she shook him faster. "Wake up please!"

"Noo~," he groaned, squeezing his eyes tightly, "Why'd you wake me?"

"Because I've got to tell you something."

Letting out a sigh, Derrek rubbed his eyes and turned his attention to Jasmine, "Good morning," he for a second, giving her a bewildered look, he asks, "Why are you in your work clothes?"

Jasmine was in a black and green scrub top with a little pattern around the neckline while the bottoms were just plain black.

"An emergency at the hospital and I have to go in," She sat on The edge of their shared bed with slumped shoulders, "I'm sorry."

"Why are you apologizing?"

"Because I feel bad!" She whines, flopping on the bed, "We were all supposed to go to the zoo today, you know, like a normal family. and something always happens."

"That's not true, jasmine." He sighed, the covers fell from his body as he slowly laid next to her.

"But it is, on her 5th birthday we were supposed to have a picnic but, when there was a huge storm that took out the lights."

"Well that did happen, but-"

"THEN her 9th birthday, we all went camping, got attacked by wildlife and forced to stay in the car which was unknown to us, stuck in a pothole. hell, there's a reason why we celebrate her birthday later every time." Jasmine had ended her rant after cutting him, glaring at the ceiling in annoyance.

Derrek shook his head, "Alright, That's it. look at me,"

jasmine did as she told, "Yeah, we were at home for her 5th and you know what we did. We made the redwood/L/n theater and created musicals then..." he trailed off, waiting for her to catch on.

"We took all of the clothes from our closets, singing songs of random things, y/n sang about her nose and toes." Jasmine chuckled.

"Right. And the 9th one, like sure that was... disastrous but we had food AND shelter for the night, we made up spooky stories while it rained, eating graham crackers and sandwiches."

"...It was pretty fun."

"See! It doesn't have to be the perfect birthday, it just has to be a good one an especially when you're with family." He said happily.

Derrek took her hand into his and kissed it. "So please don't worry, it'll be fine, y/n and I will be fine. kay?"

Jasmine took in a deep breath, her mouth curved into a smile. "Okay but please, please be careful. I love you."

"I love you too."

────────────────
It's been hours since jasmine left for work, Derrek was in his pajamas, except now he is running around the kitchen like a chicken with its head cut off.

(Derrek's POV.)

Ok, today is the big day. I need to make sure that everything is in order

Keys, check.

Tickets, check.

comfortable shoes, check. Now, what else?

"Do you need some help?" I turned around and saw Y/n, she was still in her sunflower nightgown and its matching bonnet, sticking up like a poofy top hat.

"Yeah. Um," I stopped mid-sentence, trying to think of something, "Oh! could you put the tea on the stove for me?"

Hoo~

(Y/n's POV.)

"Yeah sure," I responded, hearing a 'thank you as I strolled Into our kitchen, shivering as the warmth from our carpet left my feet.

opening the cabinet, I took out The kettle and sat it on the fire with a good amount of water.

I looked at it one last time before quickly running back to my room, I grabbed my bunny slippers and went back downstairs.

I took a seat at the table, feeling bored I yelled out to my uncle, "Hey uncle Derrek!"

"Yesss"

"What else do you want me to do?!"

"Uh, did you take out the egg?"

"No."

"Do that for me, oh and please be gentle with them I don't want your aunt to yell at us for dropping them.

"Got it!" I did what I was told and put them on the countertop, an ear-piercing whistle caused me to turn back to the stove.

(No one's POV)

Derrek had finished whatever he was doing, he rubbed his hands together struggling to shake off the feeling of uncertainty in his belly. he exited the living room and went to where Y/n was.

Derrek wasn't paying attention to how hard he had opened the door, an audible boom was made and it spooked y/n into drop the pot.

she lets out a cry as hot water soaks into her slipper, he ran over to her.

Derrek grabbed Y/n and fled with her to the bathroom, he sat her in the closed toilet lid.

Oh god, oh god

"Uncle Derek?"

"Don't worry y/n, you'll be just fine."

as soon as I that damm first aid kit!

"Uncle Derek,"

Jasmine was right, bad things do happen on her birthday.

"Uncle Derek."

I guess we're going to the hospital today.

"Uncle Derek! It doesn't hurt anymore."

Wut.