Chapter 1: Prologue

"Are you sure about this Unmei? Not many people know about your existence." Yafya asked this to the boy he raised for the longest time.

The Sublime Beastar was known to never worry over the littlest of things, but this was a first.

"Yes I'm sure Yafya, it would be nice to go out and experience the world for myself. I have been here for how long again?" I chuckled.

Honestly, I was more excited than nervous, the only time I ever hear about society and all that would be during Yafya's rants. Not that I don't like them or anything. I pour both Yafya and I a glass full of carrot juice.

"Mmm, I'm definitely going to miss this stuff as well, but I am going to miss you more." gulping down every drop of the carrot juice.

Yafya knew very well about the dangers in this world, where it was either eat-or-be-eaten, so he engraved that into Unmei's head from the day he found him. Unmei was lost, weak, and alone when Yafya stumbled upon him. He made it his very goal to bring out the potential that Unmei possessed, for there was no animal like him. A Human.

Unmei, from a very young age, trained in all sorts of combat, learning how to use a variety of weapons, while educating himself with all there is to learn in this society. He was the jack-of-all-trades. That would be one of the reasons why Unmei enrolled into Cherryton, to one day follow in Yafya's footsteps as the next Beastar.

"Well, I'm off to my orientation Yafya, I'll try and visit whenever I can!" Unmei knew this was a lie. Yafya wasn't around much after Unmei turned double digits. With that in mind, he thought that going to Cherryton was the best idea as of now.

Yafya placed a hand on his shoulder before he stepped out of the room.

Yafya, kneeling down to eye level with Unmei said, "I expect great things to come out of you Unmei, not only have you exceeded my expectations from combat to intelligence, but you are also human. It is a rare sight to see an animal like you in this world, you have the potential to be something great, that is your fate." 

That was the last thing I heard from Yafya, yet it was the most memorable thing that anyone has ever told me. Its true, there is no one like me, it is rare to find an animal like me in this world, let alone a human.

When I was researching about my species, I have learned that humanity has brought destruction to their own kind, leaving the herbivores and carnivores to fend for themselves. They were lost in their own calamity.

It is weird though, that although this was a heavy subject to talk about, I wonder if this would cause any trouble at Cherryton.

"Thanks Yafya, I will do my best." I said smiling, holding back the tears that may shed.

I head out to a black car parked in front of the headquarters. It was nothing special, it was just the same old black cars you see in the movies that transports the main characters to the setting of the story. I enter the car and off we go to Cherryton.

Once we arrived, I was immediately greeted by the headmaster of the school, a Siberian Tiger with the biggest smile anyone could see.

"Welcome Unmei, I must say, you are indeed an animal of curiosity." The tiger was inspecting me top-to-bottom, with curiosity flowing in his eyes. "My name is Gon, and I will be showing you around the school." The headmaster stated that I was 'an animal of curiosity', I don't blame him.

He lead me to his office, which had these big dark oak wood doors that you would see in a mansion, but what was the occasion?

"Nice to meet you sir, is it okay for me to ask what the special occasion is? I doubt you treat all your new students like this." I said jokingly.