Chapter 10: Conviction

"...And that's what happened."

Louis was in total disbelief of what he was hearing. "Let me get this straight. The group gets lost so they asked an old man for help, only to find that the old man was selling his fingers. You suddenly realize that you guys were in front of the BAM. Legoshi runs away and you chase after him, causing him to pass out from exhaustion. When you found him, Yafya appears out of nowhere and carries you to a Panda's house." 

It all seems like a made up story, but its true. "If you still don't believe me, I have the number Gouhin told me to call when I have the time." 

Louis shook his head. "I never implied that, I'm just surprised that all of that happened in one night." Louis fell onto his chair taking in all the information piled onto him. "How's Legoshi doing?" Louis asked.

"I think he's feeling a lot better now. When I told him I knew that it was him from that night, he must have felt his guilt wash away when I held him." I said casually. 

"So he did attack you that night, I knew that wolf had more in him." Louis laughed. 

Normally, I would've shrugged that comment off, but something felt different between us last night. When Legoshi was hurting, I was there to comfort him. 

I hugged him. That's normal right?

Unmei didn't realize it but their face was beginning to turn red. 

"Louis, I have a question to ask you." Louis sat up, waiting for the words to come out of my mouth. "How do you know when you're in love?" 

Both of us just sat there, quietly. Louis' cough broke the silence, forcing him to say something. 

"Love is something that you feel when around certain people. Its this feeling where you can rely on them for anything, and that you'll do whatever it takes to make them happy."

"So am I in love?" I asked Louis. 

Louis' face turned red when I asked that question, trying to hide it as he ran his face through the our scattered paper work. 

"I don't know what you're feeling Unmei, I'm no empath. What are you feeling?" 

It took me a moment to think about what to say. 

"I feel calm when around them, as if I had chains on me that I never noticed, until they came along. I feel like I never want to let go of them..." What was supposed to be an answer turned more into a rant, I kept going on and on about the emotions I've been feeling when around him. "Is that what love is?" I asked Louis when I finished my rant. 

Louis stood up and laid on his bed. "Unmei, you are just... something else." Louis sighed. 

We sat in that room for what felt like ages, doing paper work after paper work. My neck and back were practically locked while Louis had already begin dozing off, so I put a blanket over him and organized all the papers we have finished that night. 

While I was on my way towards my dorm, I couldn't help but think about what Louis said. 

"Love is a feeling." I mumbled to myself. 

This just made me even more confused. This thought had kept me up all night, so I decided to dish out some last minute paper work I had on me for the festival funds. 

"We are going to need a lot of paint." I groaned.

The next morning, the art department and stage crew were busy with the festival set ups, while the acting and dance teams rehearsed their show routines for the festival. As I was walking around, I notice Haru setting up her stand by the cotton candy machine.