Chapter 4: The White Lily

Shit, the cut is deeper than I thought it was.

I wrapped a bandage around my arm, hoping to stop the bleeding. I'm so glad that Yafya taught me how to stitch myself before I got a huge scar! It really came in handy, since I had to avoid going to the nurse's office. Who knew what would happen if word spread that Unmei, one of Cherryton's upcoming Beastars, got hurt.

News would spread like wildfire. Even more so if they learned it was from a carnivore. I eventually came up with the excuse that I cut myself from my glass table, for the edge looked sharp enough to leave a decent gush in the arm.

I head my way towards the cafeteria, hoping to get dibs on that bean steak everyone keeps going on about. I heard it tastes really good when a steamy bun is added, which it was!

As I was waiting in line, I heard a fox from the other side making a ruckus.

"My sweet bean steak, I'll be right back." I let out a little cry as I leave the lunch line.

Who would the fox be yelling at? And why was it just only him yelling?

As I walked over to the fight, it wasn't really a fight at the very least, it was more of a harassment case. I see the fox yelling at, wait...

Is he yelling at Legoshi?

"Hey!" I yelled. "Bearing your fangs at another student is a punishable offence! What makes you think that you could do that!?"

The fox then turned his attention to me.

"Oh, look who came to the wittle~ wolf's rescue. Just because you're the only human in this school, don't expect me to go easy on you."

I didn't really give a fuck about what the fox said, I just wanted to stop the fight and eat my bean steak.

"What about you stick a sock in it foxy. We both know that you are no match for either me or my wolf friend over here."

Legoshi just looked at Unmei.

Friend? Wait, no, I can't be his friend, I just assaulted him last night...

I look over to Legoshi and ask if he's alright.

"Hey Legoshi, did that fox hit a funny bone? It's not like you to just snap like that." I playfully nudged him.

Legoshi only responded with his head looking down, ears drooping, everything. What a weird wolf. 

The fox tried to continue the fight, but everyone around us started booing the fox. I was left there smirking.

Word had spread about Louis and I hanging out since my first year, so obviously, people deemed me as 'popular' because of Louis. I eventually made a name for myself after last year's play where I blew everyone away with my performance. It even left Louis surprised.

The fox left the cafeteria along with his buddies, and that's when Louis' signature anthem came playing from behind us.

"Seems like you didn't need my help this time Unmei." smirked Louis, as he tried to avoid the sound of squealing fans behind him.

"That fox was harassing Legoshi and I knew I had to step in, I ain't scared of a pipsqueak like that." I scoffed. "Hey, Legoshi. Let's say that makes up for what happened last night. Again, I truly am sorry for mentioning what I said."

"Oh, no, its fine. Really. Thanks Unmei." Legoshi smiled.

I looked over at Louis, it looked as if he was trying to say something.

"Come on bucky, spit it out." I told him.

Louis looked at me, then to Legoshi.

Ohhhhhh.