chapter 1

It was simple. Violet was in pain, almost always. She had
several days of non-stop crying. She had recently got her heart broken over a girl she loved very much. Her ex had cheated on her multiple times, and even got abusive when violet tried to confront her. Violet now alone in her apartment, with a cat curled up on her lap as she wipes her eyes.

"This is so stupid I knew I should have ended it sooner," vi sighs out softly. She pets her cat salem. Salem was a black kitty cat, just a little fluff ball. Salem always comforted vi. The 23 year old girl teared up again, simply at the thought of losing her apartment and cat. She was in desperate need of a job. She wiped her face once again, sniffling she grabs her coat and puts her shoes on.

"Bye kitty be good." She calls out before stepping out side in the mild windy weather. She had to find a job and quick too. She was already late on her rent for this month. Violet attempts to go to multiple places asking if they were looking to heir. No such luck, the small girl after looking for a job at 17 different places walks with her head down the street. In her mind she was begging her self not to cry. She was so overwhelmed in her thoughts she didn't even notice she bumped into someone until her butt hit the ground. The tears poured out of her eyes leaving hot streaks down her cheeks.

"Miss? Are you ok?" A male voice asks.

"I'm so sorry!" Vi says finally shaping out of her day dream. "Here, let me help you up sweetheart," the man says while extending a hand out.

Violet wipes the tears off of her face before taking his hand to get back up. "Its alright-hey are you crying??" He asks softly. "No," vi easily lies. "Don't lie to me," the man's tone of voice soft but stern as well. 'Look at me." He demands. Violet is hesitant but soon complies . she was met with beautiful icy blue eyes. Tears started to prick het eyes again, she was mad at her self. She was crying in front of a complete stranger.

"What's the matter love?" He questions softly.

Violet let's the tears fall once again. "I-i lost my job..." She chokes out. The man's eye brows furow. "You lost you job?' He asks back. "Yeah, and I'm late on this month's rent, I dont have any money." Het hands shaking from the anxiety overtaking her body. "Your I need of a job?" The man asks.

All Violet can do is nod her head. "Well your in luck, im looking for an receptionist." Violet snaps her head up. "I-i couldn't.." She whimpers out. "Why not?" The wealthy man asks. "I'm too much trouble I've burdened you enough just by bumbing into you.." She replies.

"Ahh, your no trouble and certainly not a burden, please let me take you out for lunch so we can discuss the working situation. " he smiles kindly. "Yes ummm, I don't know your name.?"

The man chuckled, "im Andy, and you are?"

The small girl blushed, "oh im violet, thank you you really don't have to do this,"

"Your right I don't have too, I want too." He states.

"Lets go to lunch." He demands as he starts walking. Violet trying to catch up with the man. He was very tall but then again violet was only 5 foot so everyone was tall to her.

As the two arrive at a sandwich place they are sat down. "So violet, your having trouble paying your bills?"

The girl nods ashamed. "How much did they pay you at your old job?" Andy quizzes.

"Not enough ," the short girl sighs out.

"Work for me, you'll get paid well, you won't have to worry about bills bot being paid." He says softly putting his hand over violets hand over hers witch rested on the table.

She gives a small sad smile. "You won't want me.."

"And why not?" He asks.

She's silent. "I'm a problem."

"Now why would you say that darling??" Andy asks now feeling bad.

"Just am," she sighs out once again.

"I don't believe that so please come work with me?" He questions but sounds more like a demand.

"...o-okay" violet let's a shaky breath out.

"Good girl." Andy states softly while patting her hand. Violet blushes, and clears her throat.

The two order and finished lunch. Andy went over the basic rules of the office and what violet would he doing. The two finished up.

"So you'll start for me tommorow?" Andy asks.

"Yea if that's ok." Vi says shyly.

"I'll see you at 8:30 tommorow then." Andy smiles.

"Thank you so much, see you tommorow." Violet says gratefully. Violet walks home and unlocks her apartment door. Once violet is in the house Salem comes and rubs on her legs.

"Oh hi pretty kitty." Vi picks up the cat and rubs his head. Vi thinks about Andy, he had said she wouldn't worry about paying her bills anymore. She sighed softly as she put Salem down. She needs to clear her head. She gets a towel from the closet and hops in the shower. The boiling hot water falls onto her skin and she sighs. It had been a long day. Andy's icy blue eyes popped into her head.

After a while she turned off the shower. "Oh my," she mumbles. She gets dressed and blow dries her hair. She looks out the window as the sun goes down. She yawns softly. "Kitty it's getting late, let's go to bed. I have a big day tommorow." The car hopped onto the bed finding its way over to a pillow. Vi smiled as she go into bed. She tried telling her self everything was gonna be ok, now that she had a job. Violet lays her head on the pillow. Soon sleep over takes her.