Chapter 6: Why can't I remember?

Later that night, Adrien snuck out of the house as Chat Noir to meet up with Ladybug. Ladybug was on a rooftop lost in thought.

"I heard you're looking for me M'lady." He chuckled.

But to his suprise she didn't respond with an annoyed look nor did she debate about how much she hates being called that. She was just...sad. Chat knew something is definitely wrong with her so he remained quite and sat right next to her. She sighed.

"M'lady is something wrong?" He questioned.

"Chat Noir, do you think I can be akumatized?" She asked.

Chat stood still. He was expecting an explanation for her feeling so down right now or maybe even a formal greeting. But she just started with the BIG question. He wondered if he heard her right.

"what?" He mumbled.

"You heard me. Do you think I can be akumatized?" She asked again in a demanding tone.

"I- I don't know. I mean anyone can get akumatized. Even me..." He paused to look at his lady who seemed super bummed by those words.

"But you're Ladybug for crying out loud. You're brave, amazing and so cool. I mean if anyone could fight the akuma, it would be you." He said trying to ease her.

She sighed. He placed his hand on her shoulder.

"Where is all this coming from though?" He finally asked.

"I- someone told me that I haven't been myself lately. And that they fear that I might have been akumatized. I wonder if that's even possible. Can a Ladybug be akumatized?" She asked again.

"Honestly, I don't know that myself." He finally confessed.

"That's what I thought." She whispered.

"Well I'm sorry to raise your burden M'lady but a friend of mine has been akumatized. Her name's Mariette."

"How did you know about that?" She asked.

"Wait... You knew? Why didn't you tell me?" He teased.

"I haven't known that long. Her friends told me about it today. But how did you find out?" She inquired.

Chat chuckled nervously and replied "Oh. Um... Adrien. He told me."

"You talked to Adrien?"she asked eagerly.

"You'd be surprised how much we have in common." He winked.

"Don't make me laugh. You are nothing like Adrien Agreste." She chuckled mockingly.

"What makes you say that?"

"I know him." She said.

"Really? Well... How well do you-" She cut him off before he could finish.

"Stop. We're not here to talk about my personal life here, remember?" She cried.

"Right. Sorry Ladybug."

"Joking aside, do you think Marinette can be akumatized?" She asked worriedly.

"Well... I certainly hope not. She's an incredible girl. And I don't wanna hurt her. Guess your lucky charm would come in pretty handy." He smiled.

"I'm starting to think that Marinette's case has a connection to me or something. I don't remember anything. And worst of all, I haven't seen Tikki in a while either." She cried.

"Your kwami. How did you become Ladybug without Tikki?"

"I don't know. I don't even remember saying 'spots on.'" she said worriedly.

"Well...maybe you have a concussion or something. Don't worry. Your memory will come around eventually. And so will your kwami. I'm sure." Chat said patting on her back.

"That's it! If a de-transform back, I might see Tikki again." She said hopefully.

"But Chat Noir, I need a favor."

"Anything for you M'lady."

"I need you to keep an eye on Marinette. I don't know how long it will take me to get my memories back but in the mean time, make sure she stays out of trouble."

"You have my word." He said tilting his head down to pay respect to his lady.

"Thanks Kitty " she said and stood up. And the next thing you know, Ladybug is back at Marinette's house.

She stood on her balcony and entered her room from there.

"Spots off!" She cried.

As soon as she turned back to Marinette, the trap door in her room opened and Sabine was looking furiously at her daughter.

"Mariette Dupain Cheng! I thought I told you to do the dishes. Come downstairs and do them properly this time. Or else!" She screamed.

Marinette rushed downstairs to finish the dishes she left while she was busy looking for her partner as Ladybug. But sadly, Marinette doesn't remember that part.

Meanwhile Tikki comes out of the drawer in Marinette's room. She hid there after Ladybug de-transformed so she couldn't see the kwami, or rather, Hawkmoth doesn't.

'I hope this nightmare ends soon.' the kwami thought.

A/N: Okay, so let me explain, Marinette is akumatized. And whenever she says 'spots on' she becomes Ladybug. And as Ladybug, she isn't akumatized anymore. Just like when the akuma is released and its host has no idea what happened, same is the case with Mariette (or should I say Ladybug). But as soon as she de-transformes back, Mariette is akumatized again. And Tikki is trying her best to stay away from Marinette so Hawkmoth won't find out that Marinette is Ladybug. And when she is ladybug, the connection that Hawkmoth has with his prey breaks.

Anyways, hope you liked this part. And yes, there is going to be a fight scene. Don't worry. I'll try not to bore you.