Chapter 10 (A): I Dare You

Vexer seems glad that Chat took his baton out and gripping to it tightly.

"So, does this mean you're ready to fight me like a man? Or are you just teasing me and being a bad kitty? I dare you. Fight me!" She said with a grin.

"Marinette please. I don't want to hurt you." His tone almost sounded like a warning.

"Wrong answer!" She replied.

The class finally understands that all the loud noises they heard from inside were actually of Chat Noir being tossed around. Or other things being tossed at him. Why? Because he was holding back. He didn't want to hurt her. And according to Vexer, he wasn't even trying.

Vexer placed her foot in front of herself which landed on the school ground. Yup, she's coming out. Out to fight. This stroke fear in the hearts of the teenagers. Their only chance of survival, depends on the hero who refuses to fight back. He refuses to even lay a finger on her.

"Great. We're dead." Kim said while trembling. Alya stared at him.

"Really Kim? At a time like this?" She nodded.

Juleka overhead their little talk and replied "Well... What do you expect us to do? Chat isn't any good here."

She had a point. And let's face it, there isn't anything anyone can do here. Except run maybe. And that's what they did. The teens started screaming and running around. Vexer enjoyed it. And boy did she enjoy it.

Their screams were singing a melody to her. The melody of sweet pain and revenge for everything everyone's put her through. Vexer couldn't keep her laugh inside. She let it out. She was pleased. She continued walking towards Chat and stopped just a couple of feat away from him.

"Fight me!" She demanded. "Fight me now!"

"No! Do whatever you want with me. I can take it. But I won't fight." He said gripping his baton even tighter.

He was expecting her to throw something at him so held his baton close to his chest in case if he would need it to form a shield. Well atleast he's taking precautions.

"Hmmm...Maybe you can. But I doubt they can." She said cunningly.

She reached out her hand and a tree from nearby ripped out of the surface of the Earth. It's roots were torn out of their territory. She moved it around to find her target. After a few cycling around, the tree was right above Alya's head.

Fear stoke her. She couldn't move. She's having a hard time believing that her best friend is gonna squish her. Chat looked at her with horror written all over his face.

"If you don't, you can say goodbye to her." Vexer warned.

Damn! She really wants Chat to fight. She's tired of playing with a little kitten now.

"Marinette please..." Chat pleaded.

"Wrong answer!" She let the tree fall.

But thankfully Chat's legs were able to carry him to Alya before the tree did.

"CATACLYSM!" He yelled.

The tree turned to dust and Alya's life was saved.

A butterfly's outline appeared on Vexer's face.

"Well done." A mysterious voice was heard. Followed by a slow clap. If you'd listen carefully you could hear it. "Now that Chat Noir has used his cataclysm, taking his miraculous should be a piece of cake. You know what to do now."

"Yes Hawkmoth." Was her reply.

She reached out here hand and Chat came flying towards her. She cupped her hand on his neck and started choking him. Then she used her free hand to reach for his ring.