Chapter 5: At Moonbin's House

That night, you and Seojoon don't go home. You feel sick at the thought of spending the night in your dad's house and you know that Seojoon feels the same. That's why the two of you are now in Moonbin's house.

Moonbin is Seojoon's best friend and you've known him for years. Apparently, he had a crush on you when you were younger, but you were too oblivious to notice. Either that, or you were just too occupied with all the shit that was going on around town. Moonbin has always been a kind-hearted guy and he felt like part of the family, which is why you and Seojoon immediately went to his house after tonight's talk.

"Y/N, you have to tell me what that call was about." Seojoon sighs, sitting down on a cushion on the floor. You lie on the floor, crappy phone in your hand as you chat with Minjung. "Here, drink something. You haven't had anything since this morning, have you?"

Seojoon knows you too well. On stressful days you can often forget to drink, sometimes even eat. It's not that you're not hungry or thirsty, you just don't realize that you are. Now that Seojoon mentions it, you suddenly feel how much you crave a drink. You sit up straight and gladly take the soda Seojoon hands you.

"Thanks." You say softly before taking a big gulp.

"So?" Seojoon questions, looking at you expectantly.

You finish the entire soda and tilt your head. "So what?"

Seojoon sighs and motions his hand at your phone. "The call, who was it? You said something about joining, so what crappy gang are you joining this time?"

You glare at him. "You know I didn't know it was a gang last time. I left as soon as I found out."

"Right, right, but this time?"

You know you should just tell Seojoon, but you have to remember that Moonbin is also here. Moonbin is a Fiery, but his powers are only a level 2. He gets work easily and he doesn't have to hide who he is. Even though he is also a Power like you and your brother, you're not sure if it's sensible to involve him in this too.

"If you want me to leave for a bit, that's cool." Moonbin says from the kitchen, overhearing the two of you. It's almost as if he read your mind.

You instantly feel bad. "No, no I wouldn't want you to have to leave your own place. You're already kind enough to let us stay the night, it would be rude to ask more."

Moonbin smiles and shakes his head. "No worries. I get that this is something you two might want to discuss alone." He says. He knows about what your father told you about your mom, you and your brother trust Moonbin enough to tell him that much. Obviously he thinks you want to talk about your mother. You didn't tell him about how you're a level 7, though.

You take this chance so you don't have to come up with anything and you nod. "You're right. Are you sure you're okay with it, though?"

Moonbin chuckles. "Yeah, I have some errands to run anyway. I'll see you two in a bit. Food is in the fridge if you get hungry."

You thank him and Seojoon nods gratefully. Moonbin takes his stuff and soon enough you hear the front door close behind him and the apartment is quiet.

You feel Seojoon's stare on you and you look at him for just a moment, before looking down. "Alright, ehm...there's something I haven't told you yet. This has to stay strictly between us, okay?"

Seojoon nods and stays silent, waiting for you to continue.

"Yesterday I went to BTS' fanmeet, right?" you look up to see Seojoon nod. "Alright, you know how at a fanmeet you can go to the idols and get your album signed and chat with them for a bit?" Seojoon nods again. "Well, first one I sat in front of triggered my powers and it felt as if we had the same level. Second one almost caused me to blow my cover; his level was extremely high."