𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚜 & 𝙿𝚊𝚝𝚜

The usual loud squeaking of sneakers against the wooden floor echoed inside the gym with another day of practice for Karasuno's volleyball team.

Everyone is doing their usual drills like serves and receives when Y/N sneaked in right after her club activity.

Their coach called in for a quick break but knowing the boys, there's no such thing as taking a break from their vocabulary specially the freshmen and the sophomores.

Hinata asked Yamaguchi to teach him his signature jump float serve.

It was all going smoothly until the orange haired boy attempted an underhand serve.

The ball flew up high to the ceiling that they anticipated where it'll land.

They expected it to land on the other side of the net, of course.

Not on their captain's head, again.

The court went silent because of the loud thud when the ball landed on his crown.

"G-gomenasai!!!"

Hinata bowed repeatedly even with Daichi' s back still on them. He immediately run for his life before he can get a scolding from his captain.

With Nishinoya, Tanaka, Asahi, and Suga snickering on the side with all the deja vu they're getting at the moment.

"Does it hurt, senpai?"

Daichi was ready to scold his members when he felt a hand gently patting his crown.

Looking down, he noticed Y/N on her tiptoes reaching for the top of his head causing for him to stay stiff on his spot.

Without saying a word, he walked over the second years and third years, leaving a curious Y/N behind as they gather around their captain.

The next thing she knew is that they are lined up in front of her with the third years first in line.

"L-L/N-chan! My head hurts too!"

Sugawara, the first in line, bowed his head on her level followed by Asahi who did the same beside him.

"I'm having a headache too, L/N-san!"

Even with her confusion, worry overtook her as she gently pat their heads, cooing a chant she heard on TV that it'll be gone soon.

"Pain pain go away~"

They thanked her with teary eyes before rushing to their captain who gave them a thumb's up.

Before she knew it, the others asked for headpats as well when word got out from Tanaka that the girl is giving out free headpats.

Surprisingly, Kageyama was also in line but even before Y/N's hand land on top of his head, a bigger hand patted it harshly instead causing for him to almost launch forward.

"What the hell is that for Tsukishima?!"

Tsukishima towered over their setter who's glaring at him.

Before another fight breaks between the two, Tsukishima walked away grabbing Y/N's wrist along with him outside the gym.

"Kei-kun. Where are we going?"

The taller boy dragged her to their club room where he immediately opened his locker to grab a bottle of alcohol and spray it on her hands multiple times.

"Your hands are dirty. You just touched a lot of germs and almost touched a virus."

He clicked his tongue as he rub her hands together with his, with a frown on his forehead.

Y/N just chuckled at his remark.

"I can just wash my hands afterㅡ"

She was cut off when Tsukishima bent down and rest his forehead on her shoulder with a long sigh.

Kei just watched from the bench earlier on how his team mates can just easily ask for such an interaction from her.

It's frustrating him how others can have it easy when he can't even say a thing. He can't even say what he wanted and needed.

It doesn't hurt to try sometimes. Right?

"My... my head hurts too..."

There was a moment of silence between them before he felt a small hand on his back and fingers brushing at the back of his hair.

"Pain pain go away~"

Her soft voice chanted near his ear that his arms wrap securely around her waist with a contented sigh.

"Pain went away..."

*****

A/N: Chapter inspired from our fave baby twins, Kazuma and Takuma. ♡

xx