𝚃𝚛𝚞𝚝𝚑 & 𝙼𝚞𝚏𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚜

"Welcome back, Tsukishima! Did you grow taller during the camp?"

Sugawara patted the tall blonde's shoulder as his way of welcoming the first year back from his camp at Shiratorizawa with other first year volleyball players from Miyagi.

He can't possible grow in terms of height in just a few days he's away.

What grew during the camp anyway is his irritation towards Hinata when he sneaked in the camp uninvited.

The other players filled the gym so they can start their practice soon.

Word from their advisor that their coach will be late for practice but they started their warm up already and their drills.

Everyone changed. That's for sure.

Everyone stepped up in their games. Though a little more push is needed, they did grow up during the short vacation they had.

Tsukishima's improvements also didn't go unnoticed.

"Oi Tsukishima, looks like you enjoyed camp after all."

Nishinoya smacked his back that it was too strong that it somewhat left a cough out his chest.

"It's not that bad until someone uninvited barged in."

He simply answered while eyeing the orange haired first year who avoided his gaze whistling.

"Tch. Just say that you missed your girlfriend."

Tanaka scoffed behind him in irritation when he picked up a ball to try on another serve.

He haven't seen Y/N ever since he got home from camp since she's busy with student committee work before another vacation starts, to add her club activities on top of that.

Sure. They texted each other once in a while with mostly just Y/N sending him messages.

He read all of them anyway. He just doesn't know what to say or how to react like one time she messaged him that one of her favorite characters died.

He's just simply not good with words. And that's one thing he tried to overcome.

"Come to think of it. I was even surprised that the Saltyshima liked someone other than himself."

"Are you saying something, your majesty?"

Tsukishima and Kageyama exchange glares at each others retorts.

"Hey you two, get back to practice."

Daichi called out to them before another set of bickering start between the two first years who's always on each other's throats.

They each avoided getting their captain mad once again by walking pass each other. But of course, without letting another word pass.

"Am I wrong though?"

"Who said that I like her anyway?"

They all halted on their activities and looked at Tsukishima with wide eyes.

The only sound they heard was the ball bouncing on the floor when Yamaguchi dropped it from the benches.

This caught Tsukishima's attention that he glanced on where the ball came from to see Yamaguchi by the benches and Y/N just standing in front of him with a paper bag in hand.

While Kageyama and him were too busy sharing glares at each other, Y/N stepped in the gym to deliver the muffins they made during club because she wanted to get their opinion if it's good enough for their charity bake sale.

And she did hear everything that she was left staring at the tall blonde who have a surprised look in his eyes.

"I have muffins for everyone but I still need to go back to my club. I'll... I'll see you guys tomorrow with more of them!"

She placed the paper bag on the bench with her lips curved in a smile before she takes off, running out of the gym.

But it was clear that it didn't reach her eyes like they used to.

What did I do this time?

-----

Y/N reached their club room catching her breath since she sprinted from the gym.

"Y/N-chan. Did they say anything about the muffins? Is it good? Should we use that recipeㅡ"

One of her seniors asked her right away but she stopped when Y/N just walk up to one of the counters where the ingredients are.

Without saying any word to anyone, she started with her own mixture to start her own pastry.

Not even once did she utter any word or looked at anyone until she got home.

xx