Carried Off To Sea

Heavy lids began to flutter open with the familiar feel of the sedative wearing off. Elizabeth's eyes fell onto the maid who was walking through the room from her closet with an outfit and a pair of shoes held within the contents of her arm, Claire delicately placing the shoes on the seat of one of the plush arm chairs and draping the cloth materials over its back. The older woman taking note that the young woman was finally awake and offering her a soft smile.

"How are you feeling Miss. Elizabeth?" she asked in genuine concern as she approached the bed.

"Terrible." she said, her one worded answer speaking to a multitude of different contexts as she kept her head in the fluffy pillow, having no desire to move.

"Alpha Jason is worried about you." the maid said with a gentle nod of minute understanding the turmoil the woman was currently experiencing. "He asked me to call him when you woke, but I think maybe you should have a few more minutes to yourself, wouldn't you agree?" Claire said offering the woman a bit of reprieve and hopefully gaining a bit of her trust.

"I would appreciate that." Elizabeth mumbled as she rubbed her eyes with strained fingers from her good hand.

"I have this for you..." Claire said reaching into her apron pocket and pulling out the container of pills which Elizabeth eyed suspiciously and the maid feeling the immediate need to further explain. "They're your antibiotics, for your arm. I'll give you the bottle and you can check it yourself."

Elizabeth propped herself up on the bed and reached out for the bottle to take it from Claire's extended arm. Reading that the medication was a legitimate antibiotic and was required to be taken every eight hours for the next seven days.

"You need to take it with food, otherwise your stomach will become upset." Claire said with her back turned to her and picking up a tray she had previously placed on the coffee table, turning around to walk back over to the bed. "Mary heard about your upset and made you some comfort food to help you relax. Double chocolate muffins, fresh out of the oven." she said with a smile. "However, I must add that I brewed the chamomile tea. It should only aid your disposition." She said as she placed the tray over Elizabeth's lap.

"Where is Jason?" Elizabeth said looking at the tray placed in front of her and getting the powerful aroma of the chocolate muffin, her hands struggling to open the pill bottle but finding herself successful. She took out one of the blue and yellow capsules and popped it into her mouth followed by a hearty sip of the tea, feeling the soothing benefits of the warmth as it travelled down her throat.

"He was a little upset from your disagreement and decided to spend some time away." The maid said answering in obscurity.

"Did he go to find my belongings?" Elizabeth said with a glare not directed towards Claire but resulting from her agitation earlier.

"I think the Alpha had the best of intentions, I don't believe he understood your attachment to your clothing." Claire said making it known she was aware of the context of commotion from earlier.

"I think he was perfectly aware of the attachment." Elizabeth retorted as she began to unwrap the muffin wrapper, no longer being able to ignore the rumbling of her stomach inspired by the tantalizing smell.

"It will get better Miss. Elizabeth." Claire said watching her begin to disrobe the muffin intently.

"That's what everyone says." she said with an eyeroll as she took her first bite and closed her eyes at the immense flavor distributing throughout her taste buds. "This is so good." she said with a muffled mouthful, her shaky wounded hand covering her mouth so she could mutter out the response. "What's the secret ingredient? Is it cinnamon?" she said, trying to catch the notes of the subtle flavors Mary had used to make a perfect recipe.